oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_Forbz

Aquarium Advice Activist
saw this very cute oscar yesterday and was just curious as to housing and filtration methods for this fish that grows so large.

i also received a 4ft tank yesterday for free and was wondering if it would fit in there. its about 45 gal, give or take. ( i didnt measure when i was testing it for leaks )

is this tank big enough?

i also have a jebo 810 biochemical filter which is sitting around lol, so i was thinking of connecting that up.

can anyone give me and hints and tips to keeping these fish?

1 oscar can live in a min 55g tank, but that is the minimum, larger is better for them

if you are planning to have multiple oscars or other kinds of fish, than of course get a bigger tank

1 oscar can live in a min 55g tank, but that is the minimum, larger is better for them

The problem with 55g tanks is that they're only about 13" from front to back, but an oscar can easily reach that length and even up to 15" sometimes. They'd have a hard time turning around in a 55.

The problem with 55g tanks is that they're only about 13" from front to back, but an oscar can easily reach that length and even up to 15" sometimes. They'd have a hard time turning around in a 55.

well oscars arent stiff like a pole when they turn, when i used to live at my uncles house for 2years, his oscar was already full grown and was in a 55g tank, that oscar is still alive and its been about 7 or 8 years now since i moved out

large fish grow fast its something to remember. personally i would hold off until you have a bigger tank. i also wouldnt put one in under 75 gallons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom