parrot cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjmds97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anybody have any suggestions for what blood parrots prefer to eat, what kind of a diet do they prefer, or what is the healthiest for them? I am going to the store today and any info would be really helpful and appreciated. Thank you

Cheeseburgers!
Well not really, but my parrots are total pigs. They have never refused anything they could get into their mouths. They absolutely love live worms (get them from the bait store) and all types of frozen food. A good pellet is a must, as well as astaxanthin. To keep their color rich, feed them foods that contain shrimp and other color-enhancing ingredients.

Feed them a quality pellet from New Life Spectrum, Omega One, or Hikari choosing the right size pellet so the fish can swallow it whole, this produces alot less waste when they don't have to chew. Some people add treats like bloodworms or other frozen things but I stick to just pellets.

I do flake/ hikari pellets(green and red)/ frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp for a treat. Both like all of it very much.

Back
Top Bottom