Parrot fish trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kades

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just started the hobby of keeping fish I have a 45 gallon aquarium. I have cycled the tank. I now have 6 tiger barbs, 2 gouramis (green and blue) and my one blood parrot. She is about 2 inches. I purchased another blood parrot for her a quickly regreted it she terrorized the poor fish! I took the fish back then added the gouramis and she acts like they aren't even there. right after I got rid if the other parrot she developed black spots. Now her fun goofy personality has changed. She continuously hides and I never see her. What could be wrong? I had the water tested and its fine.

I have a blood parrot too, I don't know about black spots. I do know that mine has moments of what I call mood swings too. Right now it's coming into it's mature color. So it still has some of it's black stripes but in places the orange/pink is coming through. Could the black spots you're seeing just be that? Areas where it's color has or hasn't come through yet? As for the hiding and what not it could be just adjusting to being the solo parrot and trying to establish where it fits within the community now that it's on it's own? I'd give it some time. Is it still eating? If you sit by the tank quietly within sight for long periods will it come out at all?

Well I did some research and for something on stress spots with bods paris and I'm wondering if that's what it is. Would you suggest getting another parrot fish again? should it be a certain gender?

You have 2 threads about this -_- mine has a black streak near its dorsal fin but it's fine.

Lol I know I just downloaded this app do I'm still getting used to it. I thought the first one got deleted.

kades said:
Lol I know I just downloaded this app do I'm still getting used to it. I thought the first one got deleted.

Oh ok just wanted to tell other people who commented on this because you got more info on the other one + more comments.

I didn't see the other one until after I posted sorry my bad :-(

Mlani said:
I didn't see the other one until after I posted sorry my bad :-(
It's not your fault! Using app so I can't give URL. Other one still not resolved but just more info.

Back
Top Bottom