Peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beth Jillian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last month, we added our beautiful Peacock to the tank. 55 gallons. Sadly, he's been denied from the rest of the fish and sits in the top corner all the time. I have a second tank with one bala shark and I'm thinking of moving the peacock in with the bala until I get a bigger tank. Probably the end of summer. Does anyone know if this is potentially a bad thing? I just feel terribly for my peacock, I love my fish!
Thanks!

Attachments

• image-386738329.jpg
    image-386738329.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 82
I have cichlids in my 100g and have had the most problems with the peacocks. I think it's due to them being more temperate than aggressive but this may be the problem with your tank. Have you tried removing all the fish rearranging the tank then reintroducing the fish? This might help.

I have a bunch of Mbunas with the peacock. I think I'll try out your suggestion and reintroduce the fish to the tank. Have you tried this and had success? I would love to keep my peacock in there- I just feel bad for it!

I just introduced my 2 new peacocks along with 2 Tanzanian acei's to my mbuna tank and so far all is good. It actually seems with the addition of the peacocks that the tank is much more active. They all seem to be swimming back and forth together

My peacock hangs with my male and female borleyi most of the time. However my other fish are growing alot faster then my peacock and is slowly being shunned as well...sadly I may need to find him a home with less aggressive cichlids. Best of luck to you!

Mbuna in general are too active/aggressive for peacocks to mix well with. Bala sharks are schooling fish, really should be kept in groups of 5 or more, and grow much too large for most aquariums.

I'm just stuck deciding if I should move my peacock or wait to see if it adjusts. Thanks everyone for the advice so far. I really appreciate it! :)

Back
Top Bottom