Pictures of ur favorite cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Blood Parrot
20161129103838s.jpg
20161130003455s.jpg
20161129101927s.jpg
But unfortunately he is suffering from Ich [emoji17]

How are you treating the ich ?
Treatment for the Ich is as follows:
1. I'm using Heater to warm up the Aquarium water.
2. Using Aquarium Salt to increase the salinity of the water.
3. Adding Malachite Green F in the water and keeping the lights off for few hours.
4. Aerates the water using Power Head and Airstones.
5. Changing 10% water daily without disturbing the pH and Temperature of Water as well as water chemistry.
6. Allowing my Blood Parrot to have a bath for 10-20 sec in well aerated tank with added KMnO4 once in a week.
7. Gravels Vaccuming twice in a week to take out the debrises as well as spores.
8. Adding Mythelene Blue occasionally to distress the fishes from Nitrate & Nitrite poisoning.

That's all. Let see what happen next [emoji16] Wish for the best

One of my German Blue Rams

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1480959962543.jpg
    1480959962543.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 108
No joke...i been around cichlids for 30 years...that ram should be enter in a competition..

Wow thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Treatment for the Ich is as follows:
1. I'm using Heater to warm up the Aquarium water.
2. Using Aquarium Salt to increase the salinity of the water.
3. Adding Malachite Green F in the water and keeping the lights off for few hours.
4. Aerates the water using Power Head and Airstones.
5. Changing 10% water daily without disturbing the pH and Temperature of Water as well as water chemistry.
6. Allowing my Blood Parrot to have a bath for 10-20 sec in well aerated tank with added KMnO4 once in a week.
7. Gravels Vaccuming twice in a week to take out the debrises as well as spores.
8. Adding Mythelene Blue occasionally to distress the fishes from Nitrate & Nitrite poisoning.

That's all. Let see what happen next [emoji16] Wish for the best
My Blood Parrot is now totally out of Ich. He is doing well. The black colouration due the stress has also been vanished. Wish he could do well in future.

Now a days I'm feeding him live blood worm soaked in Garlic & Ginger juice. I don't know whether it is helpful or not. But actually I've got the expected result. [emoji4]

I love garlic...i spray it on all my flake and pellet food...but why ginger juice...

I love garlic...i spray it on all my flake and pellet food...but why ginger juice...
Ginger has some Antimicrobial as well as Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidant activities. Thus I've used the ginger with a thought that it may help my fish. [emoji16]

I heard that ginger is good for humans with parasites in thier intestine but never for fish...i use salt everytime for water changes and when fish are not acting normal. ...i dont mind natural remedies and had very good luck in the past..people enjoy making fun of products like...Pima fix and melafix and other all natural products and like to post articles about there is no proof of their healing powers....thats ok...my proof is after 30 years of a hobbyists...i had alot of success with these type of treatments..glad to hear ur fish are ok...

I heard that ginger is good for humans with parasites in thier intestine but never for fish...i use salt everytime for water changes and when fish are not acting normal. ...i dont mind natural remedies and had very good luck in the past..people enjoy making fun of products like...Pima fix and melafix and other all natural products and like to post articles about there is no proof of their healing powers....thats ok...my proof is after 30 years of a hobbyists...i had alot of success with these type of treatments..glad to hear ur fish are ok...
Basically I don't know whether Ginger helps or not. But I used to take two small pieces of Ginger daily for myself. It was a thought that may it also help my fish as well. My Blood Parrot didn't denied to have the food soaked in Ginger juice. I think the meal might be enjoyed by my Blood Parrot.

I know that garlic stimulates eating and has other postive affects on fish...iam agreeing with you...i cant see any harm...maybe i dont need to add salt...with my african cichlids...maybe it does not help with healing aid...stress..water conditions...etc...its something i was taught to do and will continue to do it...same with almond leaves and alder cones for lowering my p.h. for my wife's discus..i cant see any harm...i would much rather use driftwood to lower my p.h. and other products...like peat moss..then junk bought from a pet store...so i did not know about ginger..that's why i ask..iam really not all that big on the Internet...i will take hands on experience over some blog anyday....so thanks for the tip...and their are many products i purchase from health stores and spray it on my food for the fish to consume...***flake pellets**

I know that garlic stimulates eating and has other postive affects on fish...iam agreeing with you...i cant see any harm...maybe i dont need to add salt...with my african cichlids...maybe it does not help with healing aid...stress..water conditions...etc...its something i was taught to do and will continue to do it...same with almond leaves and alder cones for lowering my p.h. for my wife's discus..i cant see any harm...i would much rather use driftwood to lower my p.h. and other products...like peat moss..then junk bought from a pet store...so i did not know about ginger..that's why i ask..iam really not all that big on the Internet...i will take hands on experience over some blog anyday....so thanks for the tip...and their are many products i purchase from health stores and spray it on my food for the fish to consume...***flake pellets**
Me too bro. [emoji4] I'm doing a lot of researches to make my fish happy and disease free. Till there is no harm for consuming Ginger juice, I think will continue to do so. [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom