Please help asap surprise convict fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbacichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today i.came home from work and did the usally check the tanks. I.had a male and female convict in a 55 i.had no clue they mated. Me and my.gf went out to eat. When we arrived back home i.go stright to check my tanks. I notices a bunch of little specs floating. When i.got closer to the tank i relized it was fry. My questions are do i.remove them right away? If not how long. I also.got two gold severums and a green terror in the tank.

Please any and all advice/info is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Sent from my LGMS323 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are there any other fish in the tank?

If not could leave them in for awhile... In my one convict tank i have 2 litters of fry the older fry are on one side whom the mail is guarding and the youngest the female is guarding i do plan on moving the older fry to my outdoor pond since herring killed my goldfish though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Two severums and a green terror. None.of of them seem interested but that can change

My issue would be the convicts taking the tank mates out more than losing fry. Convicts with younglings are a force to be reckoned with. Even a green terror could be terrorised to death by some parents.

Really lol even if the green terror being.the king.of.the tank.? Hes.the biggest not.really addessive but hes deff the boss

Seen convicts take on oscars and win; have the potential to live up to their name.

Seen convicts take on oscars and win; have the potential to live up to their name.

Thanks im going to leave them for as long as possible. I believe thier is 30-35 fry

Let the other fish eat the fry. You'll have plenty more fry down the road

Casey

Let the other fish eat the fry. You'll have plenty more fry down the road

Casey

My local fish store will take them and my father wants a pair.

The parents should protect the young, if your worried about the babies I would remove all fish except for the babies/parents. Wait until they get big enough to handle them remove them and put the others back in. I would however invest in another tank because convicts are like rabbits, they breed a lot!

Back
Top Bottom