poll - what tyoe of cichlids do people prefer to buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRcichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
AULONOCARA
MBUNA
TROPHEUS
HAPS
NEW WORLD
VICTORIANS
DWARF CICHLIDS
LAKE MALAWI

this is just to see what people would buy if given only one option . just say which ones from the list or anyother you can think of and say why ..

thanks guys :):popcorn:

Last edited:
You should add Dwarf to the list but I am glad you didn't because it would make deciding hard.

I vote New world. I have owned all of the above and I feel New worlds have more personality. I always thought I was weird for thinking that but I have spoken to others who said the same thing. New worlds are more interested in seeing you than chasing each other around.

My second vote would definitely be dwarf cichlids specifically Kribs and GBR's

I agree with rivers personally. I really couldn't decide between new world and dwarf. I love both groups.

AULONOCARA MBUNA TROPHEUS HAPS NEW WORLD VICTORIANS DWARF CICHLIDS LAKE MALAWI this is just to see what people would buy if given only one option . just say which ones from the list or anyother you can think of and say why .. thanks guys :):popcorn:
Aulonocara, mbuna, haps are all found in Malawi. But my vote is on dwarfs( which mostly would fall under new world)

New world. Because I really really really want severums.
And I find new world cichlids to be more appealing. I mean who doesn't love rams and discus right???? :hide:

Did you miss tangyaika? (spelling sorry) my favourites are dwarf cichlids just because they can live in smaller tanks

yea i didnt write the post my little brother did . yeah i miossed tanganyika . dont know why he put lake malawi when he listed most the fish from there lol . hes only 10 tho so i will let it slide ..

thanks for comments . i love severums and rams . but also like tropheus alot

Anything big, intelligent or beautiful.

Haps and peacocks i believe being among the most beautiful.

Things like oscars and butti tilapia for size and or intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom