Possible Shellie tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golfball98

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a spare 16 gal tank now that I have my 55 for my goldfish and I was thinking of a Shellie community, so what I'm asking is could I keep Shellie's in a ph of 7.4 and any other info I need would be appreciated, thank you

I know for a fact you could do it but I haven't tried that ph sounds good for them though. Hope some more info can be shared

Could anybody tell me how many Shellie's I could keep in this size tank?

Yea I was thinking multis

Sent from my AT10-A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do I need to get extra minerals or something to add to my tank? Just something I read that confused me

You can add Tanganyikan Buffer if you have extremely soft water, but generally, it isn't necessary. Usuing Texas Holey rock or other limestone, as well as putting a filter sock with some crushed coral into your filter will help raise the pH and hardness as well

Keep us in the loop of how it turns out! I am (hopefully, if my parents agree) going to set up a Shellie tank too! They are cute little fishes with loads of personality.

Cool! I have a betta and a 29 gal community of livebearers and a small fry tank for the fry. I'm a little obsessed :p

Me too, but I have three tanks, a 55 and 2 15's and I only have one fish! A goldfish in the 55

Back
Top Bottom