Post your malawi set up pics here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple more of some of the cichlids. Not the best quality pics because they were taken with an IPhone.

image-3293006933.jpg

image-639280384.jpg

image-59184844.jpg

Botanica said:
You have good reason to be! Are all those rocks real? It looks built into the wall....?

Yea it in the wall and no there are some fake and some real. The ones against the glass is a DIY 3d background

Buccaneers1975 said:
A couple more of some of the cichlids. Not the best quality pics because they were taken with an IPhone.

Nice tank! Those rocks and substrate really make the fish colors POP out :)

Here is my 180g. Waiting for the fish to grow into it.

Attachments

• image-1923396092.jpg
    image-1923396092.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 144
  • image-1541153171.jpg
    image-1541153171.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 137
Esemerson said:
Here is my 180g. Waiting for the fish to grow into it.

It won't be long before the fish grow into it. How many is in there?

I would be scared to death to add that much rock and stack it that high. I always think what if one rolls off and hits the front glass.

Andrew McFadden said:
It won't be long before the fish grow into it. How many is in there?

I would be scared to death to add that much rock and stack it that high. I always think what if one rolls off and hits the front glass.

I have 22 mbuna and 3 peacocks at the moment. I feel like I could add 10 more. But I am waiting for some specific fish to show up at the LFS.

This rocks were stacked very carefully. They are quite stable. I have always done my mbuna tanks that way. I love watching them cruise in and out of the rock structure.

My 180 gal mbuna and a few peacocks and haps in there too. Im in the middle of getting new lighting so it kinds sucks.

Attachments

• image-3568822677.jpg
    image-3568822677.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 124
Cichlid-dude said:
My 180 gal mbuna and a few peacocks and haps in there too. Im in the middle of getting new lighting so it kinds sucks.

And I thought I was the only one with a 180 Malawi tank here lol now I have to upgrade

Nice setup but agree you need new lights or bulbs

Esemerson said:
I have 22 mbuna and 3 peacocks at the moment. I feel like I could add 10 more. But I am waiting for some specific fish to show up at the LFS.

This rocks were stacked very carefully. They are quite stable. I have always done my mbuna tanks that way. I love watching them cruise in and out of the rock structure.

I'm still a nervous reck looking at it

Esemerson Jesus man hope the fish don't dig like hell,or your gonna find it all on the floor...Hope it doesn't happen like ;-) But love the set up...

Dean jones said:
Esemerson Jesus man hope the fish don't dig like hell,or your gonna find it all on the floor...Hope it doesn't happen like ;-) But love the set up...

Lol. The base rocks are on the bottom of the tank as they should be. So they can dig until they are blue in the face.

Back
Top Bottom