Quickest way to clear water up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malawimaddness

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just added a new piece of driftwood from our local fish store and now my water has a brownish ting to it! all water perimeters are fine just looks dingy it's clear but has a brown color

I just added a new piece of driftwood from our local fish store and now my water has a brownish ting to it! all water perimeters are fine just looks dingy it's clear but has a brown color

Sitting it submerged in a tub of water for a few weeks usually does the trick. Boiling works also but depending on how big it is it maybe hard to fit in a pot.

Hi use some activated carbon for a few days that should help(y)

That will work but if the wood is still leaching tannins into the water it may not clear quickly. I just used a big piece in my 110 that was sitting in a tub for about 2 months before I put it in. The water was a nasty tea color while the wood was in it. I removed it, pressure washed it and then dropped it in the tank. No problem with brown water currently.

Attachments

• image-2042882860.jpg
    image-2042882860.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 77
Add Seachem Purigen to your filter. I had the same problem even after soaking the driftwood prices for 2 weeks. Added a 100ml bag of Purigen to the hob and it was clear after 1 day. It's not chemical and can be bleached to renew it so it'll last the life time of your tank.

My piece is huge it's around 30 inches long and 20 tall leg size girth I think I will try power washing it and a huge water change

My piece is huge it's around 30 inches long and 20 tall leg size girth I think I will try power washing it and a huge water change

Soak it for a long time. If you have a spare tank fill it and throw it In there. Do a couple water change to the spare tank letting it sit and you should be fine in a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom