Rams......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medge00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone out there ever bred rams? Mine never have, I was just curious if someone has had some success...

I just got 2 new gold rams. Pretty little guys. I don't expect them to breed, but thought it might be cool if they tried. I also got a new blue ram for my big tank. Love em!

Careful with those rams. I don't know if you've been following the recent ram posts, but a lot of these guys arrive in America full of artificial hormones and very susceptible to disease. I'd recommend very frequent water changes for a while and that you buy meds just in case they need them...

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with rams. I've only lost 3 (ever)... 2 from a nasty bout of ich earlier this year and one just recently from unknown causes. At any rate they're going in my smaller, heavily planted tank for now so I can watch em. I've had them a few days now and they seem to be doing well. I do have some meds on hand and I do pretty frequent water changes. Hopefully I'll post some pics soon.

I've had a fair bit of success breeding rams. The hard part is finding pairs that won't eat the eggs before they hatch. More often than not, I'd have to separate the eggs from the parents so they wouldn't become brunch. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom