remodeled 55gal malawi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrazil230

Aquarium Advice Activist
As often happens this time of year cabin fever has struck, and I ended up completely redoing my aqua scape, what do y'all think?

ForumRunner_20130326_072302.jpg

ForumRunner_20130326_072337.jpg

I have an Idea that you could do to make the scape look even better. I'd take out the rocks behind the ones upfront and scoot them back, then open it up some. Take the rock wall you have now and split up so that you have each half angled in the corner of the tank. Then put the piece of driftwood in the middle :) I think that would look nice!

I like how the other DW looks like its hanging! Very unique :)

Nice tank love the DW

I do like the rocks in the first pic better the slate but all in all nice looking tank

I like the first pic better. The rocks and sand, it just looks so natural. The second pic look very "placed" IMO.

Love the black sand and I love the rocks from the first pic. I'm curious how it would look with the rocks from pic 1 in pic 2 and the added driftwood. Bet it would look killer. Like the added touch of the driftwood breaking the surface on the right side of pic 2.

Either way they both look amazing. But you asked lol so I gotta be honest :)

I wouldn't be me if I didn't right?

:)

EDIT: also the 1st pic appears to be more open, from the pic anyway.

Last edited:
I like the first pic better. The rocks and sand, it just looks so natural. The second pic look very "placed" IMO.

Love the black sand and I love the rocks from the first pic. I'm curious how it would look with the rocks from pic 1 in pic 2 and the added driftwood. Bet it would look killer. Like the added touch of the driftwood breaking the surface on the right side of pic 2.

Either way they both look amazing. But you asked lol so I gotta be honest :)

I wouldn't be me if I didn't right?

:)

EDIT: also the 1st pic appears to be more open, from the pic anyway.

I've been thinking the same thing, my wife wanted to try her hand at scaping and she said she was going with the tree roots growing through a crumbling wall, but this weekend I'm gonna switch back to the old rocks

ForumRunner_20130330_203830.jpg

This is where I'm at now, my new canister filter will be here Thursday, so I'm gonna have to modify the rock work a bit to accommodate my intake tube, but I like it better already,

View attachment 163751

This is where I'm at now, my new canister filter will be here Thursday, so I'm gonna have to modify the rock work a bit to accommodate my intake tube, but I like it better already,

Looks awesome. Can I just make a suggestion or maybe it's advice. I can't tell from the pic but... You wanna make sure you leave the front open for open swim.

img_2412808_0_bcb0128b53d416c40edee86807113143.jpg

You can see here what I mean,side shot. All the hiding spots are in the back end of the tank.

Last edited:
Looks awesome. Can I just make a suggestion or maybe it's advice. I can't tell from the pic but... You wanna make sure you leave the front open for open swim.

You can see here what I mean

Its only a 55 but there's about 7" open through most of the front, I built a tiger wood stand for my 55 and and a 4" shelf in the back but I'm building my canopy for a 75 and I'm gonna modify my stand for the 75 and I should have enough room to really do what I want

But I will say convict, and I know you've heard this before, but your tank is the inspiration for my remodel, manly the driftwood

Thank you so much for the kind words. It makes me happy to hear that since I'm still new myself. A little over 2 years in the hobby seriously now so.... I'm glad I can inspire some.... Thanks again!! (y)

Back
Top Bottom