Skiddish fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herotilapia_Multispinosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
My dream world where fish is all that matters.
I've had these fish for 8+ months now and when I woke up this morning I heard a bunch of splashing and gravel moving around so I thought someone was diging and someone nipped them no big deal. Then after I ate breakfast I came back and turned the light on and all of them freaked out. The rainbow cichlids showed thier bar like pattern that means thier stressed so I turned the light off and put a little food in just to ease the tension. So after I let them calm down I come back they absolutly go ballasitic my severum just about kills himself jumping and swimming around erraticly. My tank is positioned so they watch a hall way that people go down every now and then. Probobly 5-10 people a day. Any suggustions are welcome.

I see that behavior in my Africans from time to time but never with the SA/CA fish, all the water parameters in check? The SA fish seem to be alot more sensative to nitrates than their cousins on the other side of the pond.

Back
Top Bottom