Something's wrong with my blue ram... Edit: It died :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuminum

Aquarium Advice Freak
Since yesterday, he's been hanging around the top of the tank with his body at a 45º angle with his head above the rest of his body. He's breathing noticeably faster than the rest of the fish. I did a water change yesterday all parameters are normal. All my other fish are just fine too. Can anyone help me out? Is he just freaked out from the gravel vacuum and water change I did yesterday or is something else wrong?

I'd isolate him just in case. Double check your water parameters too!

I don't have a QT tank, so should I put him in my 12 gallon tank which only has fish smaller than him?

Maybe he's being bullied by someone lately???

I worry that it may be disease; is why I suggest isolate him. Moving him to a tank with other fish may wind up infecting them as well. It could be bullying (have you noticed any?) but if he is still doing the heavy breathing and the funny position I kinda doubt it.

:( He' still having the hard breathing, but now he just hangs around the bottom of the tank. I'll get a small QT tank up and running tomorrow. I have absolutely no idea what kind of illness he may have. There are no abnormal marks or changes on his body...

okay, well I set up a QT tank, but later that afternoon it died. :( That ram was my favorite fish. Does anyone have that link to the site with a comprehensive list of FW fish diseases? I really want to look into this.

Two things I noticed. There were very small red spots on the side of the ram, and it started turning black just before it died...

:cry:

Back
Top Bottom