stocking suggestions for 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AndrewsPistol said:
Lets see some pics!!! ;)

I just got my silicone from petsmart but the hubby has been messin with the rocks and came up with this ..

ForumRunner_20121126_124939.jpg

Then of course i messed it up tryin to figure out something better..lol but im gonna get him to redo it and then silicone it together best i can n place in my tank tomorrow wanna move my caves around some from the left side i dont think they r sturdy enough as is ..

kjacks said:
Aww he is lookin soo good.. cant wait..lol i got my rocks n and im tryin to figure out how i wanna place them to make the most caves n still have room.. im gonna try order my others n have them shipped next week today if i ever catch a break at worklomg enough to call.. i called a couple weeks ago but dave was out of stock on a couple that i wanted n said to call back in a few weeks.. so hopefully i can catch em n stock..

Lets see some pics!!! ;)

kjacks said:
I just got my silicone from petsmart but the hubby has been messin with the rocks and came up with this ..

Then of course i messed it up tryin to figure out something better..lol but im gonna get him to redo it and then silicone it together best i can n place in my tank tomorrow wanna move my caves around some from the left side i dont think they r sturdy enough as is ..

Not sure why my phone added that extra post hahaa! But I think that's a great start!!! :)

Im ordering these from
Dave's Rare Aquarium Fish

5 Labidochromis caeruleus Lion's Cove
2 Syndontis lucipinnis
1 Paralabidochromis chromogynos
1 Altolamprologus compressiceps Chituta

I also plan on ordering the neochromis greenwoodi when he has it back in stock. I call monday to pay for my order n have it processed for shipping. Gonna have it shipped to arrive on friday since the hubby is home as we both are working later then normal and wont b home before then. Trying to find another fish thats a blue color to go with my selections now to add to my order .. Also i will have 3 pundamilia nyererei ruti island from jess :) coming

I called daves back and added a cynotilipia zebroides nkhata bay "yellow blaze" also.. then we have been busy gettin our slate siliconed n testin to make sure it holds puttin it in the water thursday. :) been busy lil bees over here

This has been a long build/stocking thread. So your getting everything Thursday? Its been a ling time of waiting to see that day :) I bet it turns out amazing

Gettin fish friday puttin slate in thursday.. yea its been alot longer then i expected.. it seems like everything possible has happened to push this project back ..im glad its finally coming to a close.. lol i cant wait to watch my fish grow n be able to share pictures or even give advice to people well like i am now.. lol

Well here is my work of art.. i just finished the 2nd coating of silicone aquarium safe no doubt took me n the hubby several tries to agree on something n well this isnt really how i thought it would look but he seems very proud of it i wanted the middle sections he wanted one big opening..

ForumRunner_20121204_173204.jpg

Ok me n the hubby have a different idea on my tank thats now apparently our tank we decided to get some advice from the experts.. should would leave my art work like the above picture or add a cichlid cave to the top of it .. i tried to load a photo but it kept crashin... it would b siliconed so it would b sturdy its a large rounded cave but fits perfectly on top of the slate ..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121205_183503.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121205_183503.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 68
  • ForumRunner_20121205_183544.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121205_183544.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 70
If really all depends on if you like it or not. Is this the only one you'll be making? If others, imo you need to have a lot more are you going to make them all different?

Well we have limited space so we r tryin to make the most with what we have i have the 10 cichlid caves n then this slate rock setup but we r tryin to change it alil while gettin the most out of it we just have different ideas n he is well stubborn like me so it makes it difficult to say the least..

Ok got my fish n this evenin.. spent all night last night doing a pwc n cleanin everything so it was clean n perfect.. well i put them in then we head to town come home a few hours later to a dirty tank with sand all over everything .. i took out the magnet cleaner n cleane it all off the glass they added it back as soon as i cleaned it .. lol so heres the tank as dirty as ever.. sry for the bad pics ..

ForumRunner_20121208_003318.jpg

ForumRunner_20121208_003349.jpg

ForumRunner_20121208_003417.jpg

ForumRunner_20121208_003437.jpg

ForumRunner_20121208_003502.jpg

ForumRunner_20121208_003552.jpg

ForumRunner_20121208_002619.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121208_002558.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121208_002558.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 88
Looking good!

Thanks... :) i need to clean the back off again the sand stuck alil to the side i just cant reach it good behind there.. then i need a background think i wanna mayb do a blue or black solid.. ill prolly let the hubby decide he said i need more color everyrhing is black or white..

Cant find the synos so they r hidin r were dinner :(
I saw them both before i left .. i did add them first so they could hide thinkin that would help some ..

Like this pic..this is how i found them this morning when i woke up..

ForumRunner_20121208_094042.jpg

Got a few pics that might actually look better.. i finally can see the synos in my photos so i know they have grown..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121217_124403.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121217_124403.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom