Terracotta plant pots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big John

Aquarium Advice Activist
If I put plant pots in my tank as caves do I need to use any special treatments to clean them first

just rinse them of unless there is dirt or anything on it, then you should scrub that off. I've heard of fish trying to swim out of the drainage hole in the bottom so you might want to plug that.

Nice idea john I was just thinking of a way to put rocks and caves in my cichlids tank without spending a ton of money on cichlids stones

Nice idea john I was just thinking of a way to put rocks and caves in my cichlids tank without spending a ton of money on cichlids stones

Well I've got a few rocks and some pieces of bog wood in but the rocks are quite expensive plus the fish are making a mess of the tank digging their own caves so I thought I would put them in and hope they use them. I have to admit though its not my idea I've seen it on a few pics on here.

I have terra cotta pots in my 29. I partially bury the ones I leave whole then I have some that I've broke in half. They're cheap and look nice. Another idea is if you can crack one just right, you can stick a java fern in the crack and overtime, the roots will adhere to the pot.

I have terra cotta pots in my 29. I partially bury the ones I leave whole then I have some that I've broke in half. They're cheap and look nice. Another idea is if you can crack one just right, you can stick a java fern in the crack and overtime, the roots will adhere to the pot.

Thanks I may have to try that with the fern

Back
Top Bottom