The Buttikoferi Story (Lots of Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vitaliy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Last Thursday I came by one of the fish stores I used to work in. I came across this 75 gallon with a very beatup Buttikoferi that was sitting on the bottom without moving (they had larger Buttikoferi, Red Devil, Jaguar Cichlid, and a Purple Rose Queen with him, so he was getting his ass handed to him). So my old manager tells me, if you want it, take it. So I did.
buttikoferi_may1305.jpg

buttikoferi_may1305_2.jpg

buttikoferi_may1305_3.jpg

buttikoferi_may1305_4.jpg

buttikoferi_may1305_5.jpg

I put the fish in a 55 gallon out-grow tank with a 5" Devil, 5" Jack Dempsey, and a pair of Convicts until I can find him another home. (I got a breeding pair of Devils in a 75 that would rip anything apart and the other tanks are community). First few days the fish was fine and was getting along with others. Yesterday when I went to clean the tank the thing attacked my hand and bit me! Now today in the morning I get up and I only see my Convicts in their usual hangout but all the other fish are just hiding from the Butti. So I went a got a divider today (Monday)..
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

I called a friend of mine and the Butti is going to his new 75 gallon home tomorrow. My tiny Convicts are the only ones who stood up to him... my littler monsters. Even with a divider the Convicts are trying to jump on him! :D

I feel bad letting him go but I got to do what I got to do.

This is one tough species, The Hercules of Cichlids. LOL

Shame to hear that you have to let go of such a nice fish, but good that you found him an appropriate home :)
Can't believe the dempsy bit the dust though. But then again, I don't know anything about the Buttikoferi specie :oops:

Back
Top Bottom