We haven't gotten this far before

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Figuringitout

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After several attempts, we have these handful of wiggler....so I am a little excited. Thanks to a couple of forum members, for their guidance. I will definitely I let my male do "his thing" and then separate him so he doesn't kill her (uggh). A little bit of context, not intending to become a breeder by any means but was curious to see if I could assist in a successful spawn. The tank is not ideal for breeding as it is fully decorated with substrate, live plants and dragonstone. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to seeing what becomes of these little ones.

Attachments

• IMG_3664.jpg
    IMG_3664.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
I love cichlids. I've never kept angels (maybe one day I'll have a tall enough tank for them) but I've kept and bred kribs before. I think cichlid fry are so cute!

We have swimmers!!! I have about 10 swimmers from the last spawn that I pipetted out and out into a Fluval breeding tank. I believe I lost a few to fungus - but I am trying to do everything to keep them alive.

Attachments

• IMG_3679.jpg
    IMG_3679.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 0
We have swimmers!!! I have about 10 swimmers from the last spawn that I pipetted out and out into a Fluval breeding tank. I believe I lost a few to fungus - but I am trying to do everything to keep them alive.
Just be careful what you wish for. ;) ;) Angelfish, once they get it "figured out", can spawn as often as every 7-10 days and the only way to stop them is to either separate them or chill the water to make it too uncomfortable for them to spawn. My 14 pairs filled up 67 tanks in a very short amount of time. ( All except the first pic were hatched in my hatchery.)

Attachments

• old hatchery pics 012.JPG
    old hatchery pics 012.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 1
  • old hatchery pics 015.JPG
    old hatchery pics 015.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 1
  • old hatchery pics 016.JPG
    old hatchery pics 016.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 1
  • old hatchery pics 020.JPG
    old hatchery pics 020.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 2
  • old hatchery pics 024.JPG
    old hatchery pics 024.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 3
  • old hatchery pics 067.JPG
    old hatchery pics 067.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 3
  • old hatchery pics 069.JPG
    old hatchery pics 069.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 2
  • old hatchery pics 035.JPG
    old hatchery pics 035.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 2
  • old hatchery pics 037.JPG
    old hatchery pics 037.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 1
  • old hatchery pics 127.JPG
    old hatchery pics 127.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 1
You can see in this pic how often these 2 pairs were spawning by the writings on the tank. I write spawn and hatch dates on all the tanks.
1711109207223.png

You can see in this pic how often these 2 pairs were spawning by the writings on the tank. I write spawn and hatch dates on all the tanks.
View attachment 389771
This pair is pretty much on a 13 day cycle. I am pretty sure that I am not in this for a long endeavour. I was just really hoping to get a few babies for my hooman friends with aquariums.

So the babies are maybe 1mm...how quickly or slowly will they grow at 80'? Please educate me oh wise one, the Master of Angels (said with much respect)

This pair is pretty much on a 13 day cycle. I am pretty sure that I am not in this for a long endeavour. I was just really hoping to get a few babies for my hooman friends with aquariums.

So the babies are maybe 1mm...how quickly or slowly will they grow at 80'? Please educate me oh wise one, the Master of Angels (said with much respect)
Growth rate is all based on tank size and food given. To date, to my knowledge, there is still no better nutritious food than live newly hatched brine shrimp. Numerous studies have been done over the years on foods and growth rates on Angels and Brine Shrimp Nuplii wins every time. ( You will see the best one in one of the Wigglers threads I believe I suggested you read through. ) I usually take the spawn and move them into their grow out tank ( anything from a 20 long to a 75 gallon tank depending on spawn size ) about a week after they grow their fins so they look like miniature Angelfish. ( Usually about 3-4 weeks of age) By that point, they are used to hunting for their food so they will come to the front of the tank when the nuplii are squirted in. After that its getting more growth foods into their diet and frequent water changes and they grow like weeds. I usually got mine to nickle body size in about 12-15 weeks.

Woo hoo! Congratulations :D

Back
Top Bottom