Thorichthys maculipinnis or passionis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, F1 Thorichthys sp "Gold Mixteco"

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did they swallow a sponge filter? They've gotten fat!!!

HUKIT!!!!!!!! Missing you here. How's it going?
By the way I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this post.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's like seeing a ghost!!!!!

Just bored at work and passing through.

I'm not very old on this forum, especially in this thread, but I can say this is so far the coolest thread I've seen. It's like a cameo appearance by really famous people lol.

He started to show some color today and yes the little snot brought ich home with him.
temp is up and water change every 48 hours...always works for me.

Mike, that's why I almost stopped buying fish from them. I start buying online Even though shipping is expensive but at least I'm getting healthier fish.

Mike, that's why I almost stopped buying fish from them. I start buying online Even though shipping is expensive but at least I'm getting healthier fish.

Shopping online is the way to go, shipping is normally $10-40 which is a small price for healthy and rare fish.

Shopping online is the way to go, shipping is normally $10-40 which is a small price for healthy and rare fish.

Yea I'm thinking about joining the Greater Chicago Cichlid Association. and seeing what other members have to offer.

I agree Mogurako, that's why I buy a few fish and do combine shipping.

The ich had cleared off the pasionis and he is now standing up to the pulcher and flaring when ever the pulcher charges towards him. I'm loving this guy.

Good to hear that he is better :)

Thanks! They have more in Bolingbrook I'm thinking about adding another one. Or a meeki but don't know how that will work out. Don't want cross breeding either.

Thanks! They have more in Bolingbrook I'm thinking about adding another one. Or a meeki but don't know how that will work out. Don't want cross breeding either.

Mike, is the Bolingbrook store better than the Hoffman Estates one?

Update

Well after the ick went away and all seemed to be good the Pasionis stopped eating and started bloating. I moved him to a qt tank and treated. he started acting better last night but still had not pooped. This morning he was dead. I was kind of surprised because he seemed to be doing better.
I replaced him with a meeki who colored up almost immediately and took control of the tank. I'm hoping it works out. The pulcher was standing his ground and is the same size but seems to have given in to the meeki. Funny thing is when the meeki approaches the maronii it just stares the meeki down and the meeki leaves him alone.

Attachments

• IMAG1076.jpg
    IMAG1076.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 63
Well after the ick went away and all seemed to be good the Pasionis stopped eating and started bloating. I moved him to a qt tank and treated. he started acting better last night but still had not pooped. This morning he was dead. I was kind of surprised because he seemed to be doing better.
I replaced him with a meeki who colored up almost immediately and took control of the tank. I'm hoping it works out. The pulcher was standing his ground and is the same size but seems to have given in to the meeki. Funny thing is when the meeki approaches the maronii it just stares the meeki down and the meeki leaves him alone.

Sorry to hear about that, I was stalking this thread and wanting to see him all healed and colored up.
Good luck with the Meeki!

Sorry to hear about that, I was stalking this thread and wanting to see him all healed and colored up.
Good luck with the Meeki!

Thanks. I edited and added a pic.

Back
Top Bottom