Trying to id fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks.. I was wondering if they are in a tank with yellow labs and demasonis will they interbreed with them once full grown?

Thanks for the reply.. I originally got a mix of these guys now I'm trying to clean up my tank as they are getting bigger. My other question is will a kenyi cichild interbreed with the demasonis or should I rehome the kenyi aswell?

It's unlikely. I have Kenyis in with my demasoni and haven't seen anything. My kenyi only breeds with my kenyi females.

That's good to know.. I'm also trying to is this guy.. He has a weird bump on his nose?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 86
Yup looks like a deformed socolofi to me as we'll. they shouldn't have a hump. Are you trying to breed him?

Thanks.. He is my favourite fish out of all my tanks .. I kinda like his lump on his head so don't want to get rid of him and he has a great personality.. If he lives with demasoni or yellow labs or kenyi do I have to worry bout him or her cross breeding with any of those guys?

And no not trying to breed any of them.. Just being cautious for when they grow up so I don't have any mutts swimming around my tank.

Yes she would spit them out in the tank and I doubt they'd survive unless you have a lot of hiding places

Back
Top Bottom