Urgent my just came home to one of my cichlids looking like this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricki.smith

Aquarium Advice Newbie
He doesn't look happy and staying in the top corner can I have some advice what to do ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425140175.043332.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Details: water params, tank size and occupants, most recent water change, etc.

Also, are scales missing in the red area?

Looks almost like a tail injury in the back there, could be an infection or maybe he got stuck on the filter.

Nils

190litre tank all African cichlids all water checks are usual and weekly water changes last done on Thursday one yellow lab holding at the moment ready to spit fry

Been a successful set up for atleast 6months now

And yes scales are missing

It looks like ammonia burn to me, but it could also be an infection. Did you stir up the substrate recently or dirty up the water by fiddling with the filter? Sometimes this can cause an infection that lifts the scales off. I would suggest moving him to a separate tank if possible so you can keep the water pristine and allow him time to heal.

If you have a broad spectrum anti fungal/anti bacterial like API 'the cure' I might treat with that IF someone can definitively say it is a fungal or bacterial infection.

Hope this helps.

What's your exact stock list? Species, numbers, known ratios

By that being an female auratus the male may be the culprit.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do have another which is slightly bigger the only difference is the other has got 1 egg spot I was never sure if they where male or female

What's your exact stock list? Species, numbers, known ratios

I am also curious about the stock and numbers, a picture of the tank showing the layout and decor will help too. Auratus are one of the species that I recommend for species only tanks, their level of aggression usually turns a mixed species tank into a time bomb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom