veggie discs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought angels plus medicated flakes and these are the free sample I chose. I got them for my plecos and synodontis catfish. When I dropped one in to my peacock/hap/mbuna tank after lights out my fish were all trying to get it, even swimming with this big disc in their mouth. I ended up turning the lights back on and me and the fam were cracking up, looked like a game or something.. Now to my question, Could I give these to my fish as an occational treat?

Second question, I will no longer be putting these in my 55g (JD, FM, cons, jewel) I dropped it in and fish didn't notice, but the next morning the JD, FM, and jewel all had extended abdomens. They must have ate it. I didn't feed them a couple days and they have gone back to normal. So, why did it effect these fish that way and what should I feed the pleco in that tank?
thanks, sorry so long

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130815_212540.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130815_212540.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 52
Dont know why it affected the sa's that way but in my 55 all my fish try to eat the wafers when i put them in. if i only put 1 in my Silver dollars will play tug of war until it breaks.

how often do you guys put them in? It is hilarious to watch these 3.5 in. fish swim with it in their mouth. At one point all fish were trying to grab it off the sand, my ob, Graffiti sticks his head out from under rock cave grabs it from them and puts it in reverse back into the cave, too funny
maybe it's because my SAs are all small, 3 in. and under?

My Auratus tears them up! All my mbuna love veggie/ algae wafers.

Only a couple times a week I want them to clean up and find the food that the other fish dont get

Back
Top Bottom