What fish should i get?? discus/cichlid advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nacho1cheese

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello, i currently have a 55 gallon with one kissing gourami, 4 corys and 3 danios (but might move them). ive had them like this for weeks now and i am finally ready to add a new more "vibrant" fish. my first choice (of course) would be discus but i wanted to ask you guys for some advice on them first.

my other option is going for a more peaceful cichlid fish. im most interested in rams but i dont just wanna have 2 rams and one kisser in a 55 gallon :/ so i was also looking and one blood parrot

anyways what im asking is for your advice on these types of fish and on what you think would be best for my aquarium. if anyone owns discus please, please reply...

i think your tank would look empty if you got a pair if rams, you should get the discuss, and get a school of some kind of tetras.

When my last 55gal was purchased i asked the same question and was told 55's were too small for discus. So i went with mbunas instead. Btw i dont regret it at all.
Would still like to do discus someday tho..

really are they super territorial? i have a kisser that ive had for almost 5 years im making him my main priority. hes a pretty calm fish with anything that isnt his own kind (gourami)

yeah i have schoolers (danios) but they use a bunch of space and if i get discus i'll move them because i think they might annoy them

Back
Top Bottom