which pleco works?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my 70 gallon, I have twenty assorted malawi cichlids, a fluval 406 and emperor 400. I do two 70% water changes a week. Could I get either a clown pleco or a rubber nose?

If you already have to do 2 70% w/c's per week, you might not want to add a pleco at all. All they'll do is contribute more to your bioload for you to have to change even more water.

Either one could work if you are dead set on it depending on how aggressive your cichlids are, but be careful, because they really are waste producing machines

I've heard.I don't want one too control the waste,I just like them.

All plecos require some driftwood in the tank, clowns are driftwood feeders and are not reccomended for mbuna tanks, also because of the higher pH. I've never hear of anyone keeping rubber nose with mbuna so I'm not sure on that, but in general, mbuna have a habit of picking the eyes off plecos

All plecos require some driftwood in the tank, clowns are driftwood feeders and are not reccomended for mbuna tanks, also because of the higher pH. I've never hear of anyone keeping rubber nose with mbuna so I'm not sure on that, but in general, mbuna have a habit of picking the eyes off plecos

Ok. So if any, which would you prefer?

I'd say none. Get some syno cats instead. More natural for a rift tank and built to withstand cichlids like mbuna. If you HAVE to have a pleco, I agree with mog, standard bristlenose

Back
Top Bottom