Yellow lab not eating after holding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xtrememeplease

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

I recently had a yellow lab holding, after what was probably a week I removed her from the main tank to a floating hatchery in the main tank for what was about 2 weeks before I stripped her which produced 15 pretty large and healthy fry.
Once I returned her to the main tank both males got extremely aggressive with each other and with her, the largest male was showing clear signs that he wants to breed again. I noticed on the first day they were hiding away performing some dancing ritual and then I thought I saw her mouth full again. I checked again the next day and her mouth just seems normal however she is constantly being chased by both males and ends up hiding in a corner somewhere, she hasn't eaten a thing since I stripped her which is now about 5 days. I have moved the large male into another tank as he was really aggressive. Now I'm wondering if there is anything I am doing wrong? I want to move the other male but I fear that the big guy might harass him too. She has lost loads of weight and I think if I don't do the right thing she might not eat again.

Any good advice is much appreciated.
Thanks

What is stripping a fish? And also what do u mean b she looked lime she had a mouthful?

She could b stressed

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Try putting the male back and putting the female in her own tank. If she is stressed by the males it will take a toll on her. You should leave the female out of the main tank a week or so after stripping her or after she spits. It gives her time to gain strength. She is very weak at the moment and being bullied isn't going to help.

Back
Top Bottom