10 Gallon Build?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S_Hurley

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys I was planning on getting a 75 in the future but that may be a tad longer down the road than I thought. I currently have a 10 gallon freshwater aquarium and I was wondering if I could convert this to a reef tank.

Also can I do live rocks as corals and what kind of fish can I have in it, would a pair of cloewns be ok? Thanks guys. Also sorry for any spelling errors I'm on my iPhone and I can't see hat in typing lol

S_Hurley said:
Hi guys I was planning on getting a 75 in the future but that may be a tad longer down the road than I thought. I currently have a 10 gallon freshwater aquarium and I was wondering if I could convert this to a reef tank.

Also can I do live rocks as corals and what kind of fish can I have in it, would a pair of cloewns be ok? Thanks guys. Also sorry for any spelling errors I'm on my iPhone and I can't see hat in typing lol

Yes you can convert it into a reef. What you can have for corals will all depend on the lighting you get for it. Now as for the clowns. Two in a ten is a lot. It should really be a 20. Being new I would do one and I'm sure there will be people that say even one is too much much but it all depends on your maintaining of the tank. A small tank will require weekly water changes. A gallon or so would suffice. There are many people that do two clowns in a 10 gallon but they will get a decent size and that's when the issues would start. Ask away if you needier questions

IMO, two clowns in a 10g is a no-go. If you really want a pair of clowns & some corals, I'd recommend a minimum of a 20 long. More room for the fish, and reefs that small are actually quite difficult to care for. With a 10g reef, it's such a small water quantity, that if something goes wrong, it's going to go south in a hurry. A 20g will give you a little more room for error.

Back
Top Bottom