10 gallon Reef Tank Transformation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anybody know what this is coming out of my green mushroom??? Is it normal... They are like little white tentacles.

image-2497650471.jpg

image-3297906925.jpg

I have no clue, but I'm really interested in learning about whatever it is. I hope someone chimes in!

Apparently my mushroom was "eviscerating". But it was back to normal today in the morning when I tuned the lights back on... Must have just been having a bad day :)

image-2131344823.jpg

No actually :) I guess I was able to do this cause I made a model cardboard box of the size of my tank and spent about an hour choosing the rock for my tank :) I am not crazy I swear :) lol

Getting myself a super 16w dim-able led light made for my 10 gallon... Hope to get it this week and start adding some nice LPS and maybe some hardy SPS corals to my tank... The light is 20000K colour temp.

Can't wait!!! :)

image-1353818524.jpg

image-2378182122.jpg

Lol just used what I had lying around the house... :) you get some great DIY skimmer videos on YouTube. That is where I got my ideas from :)

The brown starfish I think that is the seepage starfish (not sure it's proper name) is totally reef safe and is a great sand sifter and like the pincushion urchin I would recommend for any clean up crew.... But the red know star is def not reef safe is will eat anything it can get it's hands on... I just kept him in there for a few days as I was doing maintenance on my Fimbriated Miray tank.... My red knob starfish is in there with him now and he is almost as badass as my moray :)

That white stuff coming out of the mushrooms is Normal! It happens when they get stressed. Anytime I touch one of mine that stuff comes out, don't worry!

Yeah dude i figured... The guy is totally fine now. I just thought better to get some advise if there was something wrong.

image-4109504496.jpg

Yeah me too... I am gonna run with these lights for about a month and see how the tank reacts and then probably start with some new corals)

Back
Top Bottom