12gal. nanocube stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
Now that my new nano is cycling, I am thinking of what to put in it. It will be a reef filled with mostly stuff fragged from my exsisiting reef, as well as some other small corals. I am planning what livestock to add. I want a goby/pistol shrimp pair. Thinking of either the Yashia White Ray Shrimp Goby (Clown shrimp goby) or the Pinkbar Goby, with pistol shrimp buddy. I also would like a purple firefish and cleaner shrimp. Clean-up crew will be six scarlet reef hermits and six snails (not sure what kind yet). Thinking of one last small fish to round it out. Any suggestions? Any comments on my current list? thanks for the help. By the way...200 kudos for the best suggestion! thanks...Lando

Just back from my LFS and theyhad a bunch of Red head Goby's

cute little fish

redheadgoby0ya.jpg

I also like the Court Jester Goby

Was that fish injected? I know they do that with some Fresh water fish becaues 5 years ago i fed one to my oscar and it's poop was all blue. It was weard. I fed it to my fish becaure it was picking on all of my other fw fish in my small tank.

I just picked up an awesome purple firefish from the LFS for $40. He is not too happy in QT right now, won't come out of the PVC for me to have a look. In the store it had amazing and briliant coloration so I hope it continues. He will be in QT until I am convinced nano is done cycling. Still taking suggestions for another fish. Lets hear 'em.

I wish your firefish can make it. I love fire fish as well. Did you say $40US for a fire fish..... I konw it is not a fair comparsion. In Hong Kong, they pre-bagged the fire fish in a tiny little bag. Sell for ~$10HK = $1.25US each..... Over there, marine fish is about 1/10 of the cost here......

How about a little clown/citron goby? I have a yellow one w/ blue markings and a green w/red markings. They are very cute!

Great suggestions...I have acutally considered both the black/white clown and the yellow clown goby. I still have to do more research on each.

lando said:
I just picked up an awesome purple firefish from the LFS for $40. He is not too happy in QT right now, won't come out of the PVC for me to have a look. In the store it had amazing and briliant coloration so I hope it continues. He will be in QT until I am convinced nano is done cycling. Still taking suggestions for another fish. Lets hear 'em.

I was just about to suggest that. I love my Purple Firefish. very great personallity. I am not sure you want to go with a goby after getting him. (similar shapes and personalities may not be as interesting.) What about maybe a Banghai Cardnial? or a B&W Perc? Would a Six-Line Wrasse do well?

The possum wrasse is a great suggestion. I was actually thinking about it. I think I found it the same place you did...liveaquaria's nano page. Can't find a ton of info on them, though.

Back
Top Bottom