16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They will go away as fast as they came one day just be patient :)

Just an update, all of my corals are thriving in my tank :) frogspawn and hammer are growing more n more each day, mushroom has doubled in size, new polyps are growing on my radioactive dragon eye and fire&ice. And my digi's are looking good :) fish are all doing okay, no fights with my hermits and my snails are... well.. they're snails lol

What should be my next purchase? Already bought 8 corals, 3 fish, 9 snails, 4 hermits. Any ideas? :)

Sounds good. I personally think you should slow down and not purchase anything for a little while

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Sounds good. I personally think you should slow down and not purchase anything for a little while

+1 give you BB some time to adjust and start working on refining your system/routine and look into new/better equipment. I find its best to go back and forth work on livestock for a lil while once you got your system running well. Then upgrade your system a little here and there once you have some new livestock. Once you run out of things to do, buy a bigger tank and start again :)

Mrc8858 said:
+1 give you BB some time to adjust and start working on refining your system/routine and look into new/better equipment. I find its best to go back and forth work on livestock for a lil while once you got your system running well. Then upgrade your system a little here and there once you have some new livestock. Once you run out of things to do, buy a bigger tank and start again :)

Well as far as "upgrading" my tank.. there's nothing to do except get maybe another powerhead, and an RO unit. I won't be upgrading my tank for awhile lol

Theres always upgrades in SW lol. You could even start working on a stand and sump for the future too which will make it look a lot cleaner and gives you more water but the same DT.

Pretty much all I'm saying is sit back and enjoy the tank for a little while lol.

DanS180 said:
Well as far as "upgrading" my tank.. there's nothing to do except get maybe another powerhead, and an RO unit. I won't be upgrading my tank for awhile lol

I definitely agree that this is an important time to hold off on adding livestock. As far as equipment goes you may want to reconsider that skimmer mod. All it takes is an airpump, airstone, check valve and some line. Is your skimmer collecting anything yet?

CorallineAlgae said:
I definitely agree that this is an important time to hold off on adding livestock. As far as equipment goes you may want to reconsider that skimmer mod. All it takes is an airpump, airstone, check valve and some line. Is your skimmer collecting anything yet?

Yeah kind of, like a brownish liquid.. not much at all tho, and I'm kinda limited for space in my apartment, plus were gonna be moving in the next several months so the less I have to move, the better lol I think I'm content with what I have now TBH I was just throwing that out there lol

Mrc8858 said:
Theres always upgrades in SW lol. You could even start working on a stand and sump for the future too which will make it look a lot cleaner and gives you more water but the same DT.

Maybe I will start a sump project for the future lol I have my 180G FW tank but that'd be too expensive to convert, so I might sell that tank and go get a 90G or something, not sure, everything's still up in the air lol

Anyone know if the coralife RO/DI system is any good?? Found one on eBay cheap but not sure if its a good brand

I have heard of them and remember reading people liking them. I don't think any are bad.

DanS180 said:
Okay cool, thanks for letting me know :)

Just make sure you get a TDS meter and put it on the water that comes out after the filtration to make sure it is zero. Plus it will tell you when your filters need to be changed

22engine said:
Just make sure you get a TDS meter and put it on the water that comes out after the filtration to make sure it is zero. Plus it will tell you when your filters need to be changed

Good call, will do, thanks again.. there's about an hour and a half left on the auction and its up to $46 including shipping so I'm hoping it doesn't go up much higher :) I'll be a happy camper

DanS180 said:
Good call, will do, thanks again.. there's about an hour and a half left on the auction and its up to $46 including shipping so I'm hoping it doesn't go up much higher :) I'll be a happy camper

Don't bid til there's 10 seconds or less left! Lol!!

Back
Top Bottom