16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
Maybe when my bucket of reef crystals is empty, I'll try something else out.. assuming I get the same numbers tonight lol

Your salt is probably fine. I was just saying what my approach was. I have a lot of faith in Instant Ocean. It's just fun to experiment. :D

CorallineAlgae said:
Your salt is probably fine. I was just saying what my approach was. I have a lot of faith in Instant Ocean. It's just fun to experiment. :D

That's true, I was using Oceanic before Reef Crystals and I've seen improvement as far as Calc. N Mag so that's always good :)

Rd 2. I actually saw the tentacles wrap around the needle point! It was pretty cool.. but unfortunately didn't get to see it "implode" as I completely smothered it Hahaha :) now don't come back ya hear?!?!?

New additions :) I wanted to get peppermint shrimp for the aiptasia and they were on sale so I bought 2 of them.. ans also couldn't resist on the star :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121201_181146.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121201_181146.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 63
New additions :) I wanted to get peppermint shrimp for the aiptasia and they were on sale so I bought 2 of them.. ans also couldn't resist on the star :)

The stars are cool to watch when they come out of the sand

I never had one that couldn't. It takes some of them a while though.

Yeah ya know what.. I just looked and he was fine.. it was funny, my peppermint shrimp were bullying him at first when he was flipped but as soon as he got back over, they let him be lol

Definitely. After a while they usually start to come out more. Lots of people assume they're dead and three weeks later they see one crawling around.

Definitely. After a while they usually start to come out more. Lots of people assume they're dead and three weeks later they see one crawling around.

Well I saw that one of them already molted.. almost a perfect shed, i thought I had 3 shrimp all of a sudden lol I saw em out last night when the lights were out so they're def not dead lol

Is it normal for starfish to burrow themselves completely but have the tips of their arms be above the sand a lil bit?

That's very normal for sand stars. They go higher and lower in the sand at times but that seems to be their cruse control setting.

Is it possible to do a pwc and not have your Mag, Calc and kH rise afterwards?? I did a 3-4 gallon wc 2 days ago and I just tested and got the same exact results. In fact, my kH has dropped a degree

Mag 1200ppm
Calc 380ppm
kH 9°

Back
Top Bottom