20 Gallon Long Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is what im thinking of putting into my 20 Gallon Long

Fish Baby Tomato Clown and Royal Gramma
Feather Duster, Hermits, Snails, Coral, Cleaner Shrimp. StarFish,

Lighting Coralife 130 Watts , 3 PowerHeads, 1 Skilter filter

#25ibs Of Live Rock , 3 inches of Live Sand

Does It Sound Good?

I'm not one for the dsb, but thats my opinion. Looks good but instead of the skilter get a cpr bak pak or remora or corralife super skimmer. Any skimmer is just good but I would stay away from the prizm skimmers. They are all right but not as good as another one for the same price.
Good luck! I'm guessing you are going to put corals in? PICS!

Tito, I just started using a DSB after going from crushed coral, to shallow sand bed. I used to fight nitrates, now they're a thing of the past. I would even consider adding another inch + of sand for the best results. 3" is almost a no mans land... The trick with DSBs is lots of flow so deterius etc don't accumulate. A small skimmer could only help IMO also. Perhaps a coralife super skimmer 65

Yeah there are lots of different techniques, including lowering it down in plastic containers (lowes/home depot paint aisle...) using a large diameter pvc tube and a funnel, or just pulling the rock / livestock / water out into a holding container while you just dump it in. Then re-aquascape, then add the water back and livestock.

You wouldn't even have to get live sand if you wanted to save money, a regular bag of argamax or whichever sand would be seeded by your current LS

List looks good. You can even squeeze in another small fish down the road. A 3in LS bed is really not considered to be a DSB. In order to create the true anaerobic environment need for a DSB, it should be about 6in deep. Providing proper flow is important for any sand bed because you do not generally vac them.

Back
Top Bottom