28 nano cube sump idea.. Advise and thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duoc9119

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking of adding a sump to a 28 nano cube. I searched around and saw that many are knocking out the false wall and drilling.

My plan as of now is to knock out the false wall, drill 3 holes in the back glass (2 for the return pumps and one for the center overflow) and run it to a Aqueon Proflex model 1 sump in the stand.

The only problem is that I don't really know where to drill the holes for the plumbing. Should I make an over flow box that flows down the center drilled hole?

I was thinking of minimizing the number of fittings by using flexible tubing to make routing much easier.

What I want to run in the sump is some chemical filtration, a fuge with different species of macro and possibly grow some seaweed for the rescue yellow tang (already a thread started about that somewhere in the getting started) as well as pod cultivating.

Also, would maxi jet 1200's be ok for the return pumps from the sump and then all the way up to the tank?

I will try to get some sketchs of something up when I can, of ideas for the overflow

First, you dont have to drill unless you want to and the tank is empty. I have a sump under my biocube 29 and it is not drilled. I used pvc. I first used a maxi jet 1200 but it was not enough flow. I even had 2 at one point. Now I have a mag 7. It works great. I could even go bigger if I had thought about it. Pvc is super easy. You gonna make your own sump?

Change of plans I wont be adding a sump. Just too much work. I am going to get a 10 gallon tank in the stand to grow out some macros and such

Back
Top Bottom