28g Nano Cube Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deejay62

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need help! I have little round things growing on my LR, I think it's bubble algae. Is that bad or good? And if it's bad how do I get rid of it?

If it is bubble algae it is bad, depending on what is in your tank you can take a couple of routs. My first choice would be to remove the infected rock and kill off the rock, if that's not an option then next would be an emerald crab, they are supposed to eat it but mine never did :-/ And the other option is to pluck it off with tweezers being careful not to rupture the bubble because they are full of spores and you just made your problem worse.

Convict2161 said:
Can you get pics? Emerald crabs and hermit crabs will help.

Here is a pic. You can see it behind the snail.:(

Attachments

• image-854218057.jpg
    image-854218057.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 84
Con man I posted a pic of what I think is bubble algae. Can u please tell me if I am right. And how did this come to be, am I doing something wrong?

I'm not sure if that is bubble algae I'd get a few emerald crabs and hermits. I wouldn't brush it off. I've read that by breaking it up like that you can release spores which will only make it spread. Not sure how true it is but it's at least worth looking into.

I had bubble algae and it was green bubbles looked like tiny underwater balloons. The crabs took care of it.

Also as above post stated. Check your phosphates.

Back
Top Bottom