29 gal reef experience so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me personaly i have a 29g and i do not use the pre filter in the back its simple natural is always the best option.. Get a few bits of really good cured rock for your tank and a couple o small bits may coat slightly but if your looking for best filtration in my opinion its worth the cost get your sump up and running try to keep a small space for a fuge fill with macro and with small t5 and let the filter work for u cured crushed live rock is also good a few water changes over a week will bring down your hair algae quickly cut down on your feeding and start introducing garlic into the tank you will see the difference in your skimming then :) good luck

I tried my sump and the 10 gallon tank is an inch to wide so I'm going to get the hob refugium and put some live sand and I have this piece of dead rock it's like a 6 lb rock I got it for 5 bucks and my lfs was closing so I got 15 lbs of live rock for 10 bucks. It's not the nicest stuf but it looks ok. Also do you think I should get more of a clean up crew? All I have is a coral banded shrimp 4 blue legged hermits a turbo snail and an anemone crab

There's a befor and after pic.

Attachments

• image-4221419651.jpg
    image-4221419651.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image-482698669.jpg
    image-482698669.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 84
Thanks and yea I know I got 10 lbs of some dry rock he had in the back for five bucks. I may go get more they close Friday. You think my Scape looks good?

I stick to turbos or mexicans rather than hermits especially if your going the reef route plus snails are good for cleaning the window at night too can you not find a good acrylic tank to fit?the results are worth it set a downflow syphon at a higher level of main tank and set return pump to a high level of fuge slow watermovent in fuge good watermovent in tank copepod are good in fuge all under t5 16hrs of light for vegative growth of green life in fuge works well for me :)

Attachments

• image-2873389668.jpg
    image-2873389668.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 110
Also good deal on the rock and a good scape are you going to add more rock at a later stage?

Thanks and yes I have a lot of dry rock. Also are you talking about my HOB fuge. Bc I don't have room in my stand for a sump. And yea I'm going to put some cheato in it. Does this one look good or are there any you would suggest. Anything under 60 bucks. If you click on buy now you see you can choose the light system to come with it I got the one for 25 extra.

http://www.finnex.net/index.php?pag...n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=61&vmcchk=1&Itemid=61

The width under my tank is 9 inches idk where to go to find one

So I got my final scape I think it looks good. Do you? It took me three trys I got it now tho.

Attachments

• image-2192855825.jpg
    image-2192855825.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 109
I think the rock looks good. You have some arches, caves and crevices for hiding, so it seems like it'll work well. :)

Thanks I can't wait to get more corals I think it's going to look good

How do I tell if my angel fish has an empty stomach bc he still wont eat the food I put in there?

I have the same problem right now.

There's a soak/liquid made for angels to soak your food in. It imitates the natural sponges and stuff angels eat.

I've seen it work, when I find out the name I'll post it here.

Ok thanks. He seems very healthy tho. I threw a brine shrimp in there yesterday and he ate about half of it and there prity big

Can I dip the food in Hernandez garlic marinade?

Sorry mate I'm from Austria so not familiar with that product!
Garlic helps to boost the immune system of fish, but it probably won't increase the taste to get a starving angel eating

He's not starving he looks great but I was just wondering if it was ok if he wasn't eating when I feed.

Back
Top Bottom