Another build?!?! Possibly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, im addicted. Ive got an empty 20 gal. Ive got a couple questions. Its gonna be mostly reef with a couple fish.

LIGHTS- two 36 watt pc

FILTRATION- fluval U4

Black sand
Live rock
Black clown
Clown goby

What can these lights support?

And has anybody used a fluval U series?

What di you mean? Most skimmers don't start skimming for a few days at least. They need to build up enough waste to get the water to bubble properly to get the gunk in the cup. Just hook it up and let it run.

CleverBs said:
What di you mean? Most skimmers don't start skimming for a few days at least. They need to build up enough waste to get the water to bubble properly to get the gunk in the cup. Just hook it up and let it run.

I know it wont skim instantly but i can't get it to even flow. It s running but i cant get it to flow. Heres pick of my skimmer.

ForumRunner_20120207_141921.jpg

ForumRunner_20120207_141947.jpg

ForumRunner_20120207_142111.jpg

ForumRunner_20120207_142037.jpg

ForumRunner_20120207_142231.jpg

I wouldnt stress the skimmer. it's a 20g tank which is perfectly fine with no skimmer as long as you do your water changes. :)

carey said:
I wouldnt stress the skimmer. it's a 20g tank which is perfectly fine with no skimmer as long as you do your water changes. :)

The only reason i wanna use a skimmer is because i dont have a filter i can use. I know u dont NEED a filter or skimmer but i want something. I have this skimmer just sitting around and id like to use it instead of buying another filter.

I got the skimmer goin. Had to prime it and hold the water release and pinch the air tube. Works great. Too good. Had to dial back. Filled the collection cup in about 3 min.

Back
Top Bottom