At wits end with 28gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebelyeller89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a jbj 28 gallon nanocube. With a handfull of crabs and snails, two fish and a few corals. Since about June/July of last year I have been battling what I've assume is red algae. I started off by adding another powerhead. Then made water changes more frequently. Then made them less frequently. Then changed where I was getting my RODI water from. Then bought new light bulbs. All with no change. About a month ago I gradually romoved all sponges that came with the nanocube and am now running filterfloss, purigen and charcoal. Maybe, just maybe there is a slight decrease in how often I have to vacuum it out to make it semi enjoyable looking, but I'm very near being fed up. What else can I try?

U might have a problem with nitrates and phosphate that's y u can't get rid of it.do u ever test the rodi water u get ? If ur getting it from a fish store sometimes there rodi water sucks

I feed once a day usually but alot of times I forget and feed every 2 days or so..what about u ?

I'm not the one with the cyano prob I was replying to her thread

I have a jbj 28 gallon nanocube. With a handfull of crabs and snails, two fish and a few corals. Since about June/July of last year I have been battling what I've assume is red algae. I started off by adding another powerhead. Then made water changes more frequently. Then made them less frequently. Then changed where I was getting my RODI water from. Then bought new light bulbs. All with no change. About a month ago I gradually romoved all sponges that came with the nanocube and am now running filterfloss, purigen and charcoal. Maybe, just maybe there is a slight decrease in how often I have to vacuum it out to make it semi enjoyable looking, but I'm very near being fed up. What else can I try?

How often and how much do you feed? With 2 fish, only a very tiny amount of food will be needed. You're likely over feeding.

Feeding is usually once or twice a week.
I am getting my water from a fish store, I've never tested the RODI water before though...

Back
Top Bottom