Cleaning Crew Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StickyTuba

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello All. I am brand new, having received the 12 gallon Nano-Cube DX for Christmas. It has been up and running for approximately a week, (we couldn't control ourselves and opened gifts early). I am hopefully going to be able to get my cleaning crew soon. I have approximately 12 pounds of LR and 10 pounds of LS in the tank. Temperature has been stable at about 76 degrees. Any suggestions on what I should get or how many of each critter I can have. I would like to get some snails, hermit crabs and a shrimp or two if possible. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. TIA

Make sure the tank is fully cycled, then start with a few snails of different types and maybe some hermits. All tanks are different so you may need a different clean up crew compared to someone else. Once you get a few in there, you can tell what is eating whatever types of algae you may hace and what is doing a poor job. If you check out my sig, you can see what I have. That combination works well for me and they are always doing something interesting.

I am going to be absolutely sure that my tank is cycled. The LR was all cured when purchased but I am going to have my water tested and double check everything before going ahead with anything.

That is the best way to do it. It was over three months before I bought fish for my my tank.

I would consider blue-legged hermits and nassurius snails. you will probibly want some asterias to clean your glass too.

I have an electric orange hermit crab which is really awsome and does a number on my algea. Might be a good idea to add a real pretty hermit like that.

Avoid Coral Banded Shrimp. they get to big for a nano.

Back
Top Bottom