Corey's Biocube 14 reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know, I know.. I need to do some scraping and I'll try to get one up next week, it's still ugly though lol. Just not I'm getting more growth from my xenia and mushrooms.

I'll also try to get a picture of my blenny since he's so camera shy

It's only gotten bigger lol. I actually took the time out yesterday before my friends came over to scrape the tank and get some picture! They'll come sometime today :)

Just for you guys!
img_1278698_0_3153a42b3712bc466107cbbb3d7a984b.jpg

FTS
img_1278698_1_35ff559378c0a935165b7a7f0390bb66.jpg

Xenia
img_1278698_2_8e02a43e9bde484fe1866c398d752150.jpg

img_1278698_3_65cb7d876e82888eb4a3afa636037243.jpg

img_1278698_4_a726ac3612453e7433fff967233fe636.jpg

Coraline
img_1278698_5_cd63bfff4afebcbbbb30e4e017d456aa.jpg

Starry Blenny, lol
img_1278698_6_3234f30a3eb8a41782213509ca853d25.jpg

Pretty much us IRL
img_1278698_7_3a6eab2bc3cb3f01524a440a0e8834b2.jpg

There ya go guys!

HAHA that last picture still gets me :)

Put in my order finally at Big Al's and Petmountain. 2 bags of Estes' Sand in black and 3 in white (that's 10lbs for Jen and 15lbs for me) from Big Al's and a Hydor Koralia Nano 240 from petmountain (used a code to save 5%, anyone out there I'll tell you a secret I learned from Jen, before you buy online always check retailmenot.com.)

Now... I wait :cool:

Starry Blenny! Want one so bad! Great pictures guys. That Coralline is insane. So purple.

LOL the best picture I could get of him sadly. I'm personally happy with my coralline growth, Jen hates coralline :lol:

Coralline is awesome. I mean.. when all of your rocks are consumed by it, only then does it maybe make the tank all too purple, but other then that, i really enjoy that stuff.

Go for Sarcothelia E. (hehe) if you want an impossible to kill coral. Had it on some live rock in a cycling tank and they never retracted during the day. It's a brilliant blue, though the polyps are realllly small. Put it on a small bit of rock down on the sand bed so it can't spread anywhere. Really a beautiful coral when it covers an entire rock. Would definitely add some color to the tank too.

Had mine smothered by hair algae for a few weeks and they didn't die off at all. Get them pleaseee. They are cheap I assume (not sure because I just bought the rock) and would add some well appreciated blue to your tank ;)

If this is blue glove/clove/xenia then I have seen it before, very beautiful. Currently I don't have the money to spend on it right now, I saw a rock of it at my LFS just today and I do really like it

Currently now looking at the Rainsford goby to round out my stocking, LFS has one in but I don't have enough knowledge to keep the little guy yet.

Again, if possible mods see this can it please be moved to Nano Reefs. If not, I'll probably PM one sometime eventually :lol:

I hear they are close in care with a mandarin. What's your current stock again? What happened to the percula clown idea?

They are in that they do eat copepods, but they are much easier to care for usually. Right now I have a Firefish goby and a Starry blenny.

I ditched the percula for a few reasons:
- Putting one in would put my stocking over max IMO, I don't really want that
- Finding a percula the size I want or one of those awesome picassos seems almost impossible
- Clowns are a tad aggressive and putting one in with my 2 very easily startled fish I fear I'd never see them again
- Rainford's goby is awesome and a little floater, he caught my eye and I really want one now :lol:

Lol. Sounds like a cool addition. So are you going to try to culture Copepods now?

I'm going to go on record and say I think this is a bad idea, and I told you so for future reference.
No, he's not culturing pods. He's going to take a shot at getting it to eat prepared.

BTW again for those who might still be following, I ditched the Rainsford idea the day I thought of it.

Now on the hunt for a citron clown goby :lol:

The citron is a GREAT fish. I love mine. he sits and chills mostly but when the flow is off he swims around. He also is bigger than I thought. liveaquaria has them and I got mine from petsolutions. :-D

Back
Top Bottom