Crabs in a 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessaathena0822

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to get some more crabs for my tank. I currently have 7 hermits in my 29 gallon, but I was wondering about getting some Pom poms or even porcelain crabs. I'm also not sure if I should stay away from emeralds because of their history.

I wanted to know how many would be a good amount in my 29? I currently have these in my tank:

2 ocellaris clowns
1 six-line wrasse
1 cleaner shrimp
7 hermit crabs
7 nassarius snails

I have many other snails including ceriths and nerites, but I don't remember how many, and I also have some zoanthids.

I am also looking to get a pair of firefish, but I'm not 100% on that yet, as I don't want the bioload to be too much.

If anyone could let me know how many pom poms/porcelains I should get, and if I should add more hermits, please let me know!

I'd do one Pom Pom and then you could probably do several porcelains since they're not really aggressive at all. I'd stick to one firefish if you're going to add it. 2 will definitely fight unless you can guarantee you're getting a bonded pair which I doubt you will be able to do

I'd do one Pom Pom and then you could probably do several porcelains since they're not really aggressive at all. I'd stick to one firefish if you're going to add it. 2 will definitely fight unless you can guarantee you're getting a bonded pair which I doubt you will be able to do

Okay thank you! How many porcelains would you recommend?
And then I will stick with one firefish, I'm not sure if my LFS has a bonded pair and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

You could probably do 2-3 of them and be fine. Firefish tend to be jumpers so make sure you have a top on your tank as well

Back
Top Bottom