Stocking 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeycassell27

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have nine neon tetras, a three spot gourami that gets along great with them. And 6 panda Cory’s. I would like to max out the neon tetras and pandas in the tank. How many more could I add of each? It’s a 29 gallon breeder. I currently have one 55 gallon sponge filter on it and a hang on back filter that is rated for 20 to 40 gallons.

I currently have nine neon tetras, a three spot gourami that gets along great with them. And 6 panda Cory’s. I would like to max out the neon tetras and pandas in the tank. How many more could I add of each? It’s a 29 gallon breeder. I currently have one 55 gallon sponge filter on it and a hang on back filter that is rated for 20 to 40 gallons.

What are the dimensions of your tank? That will determine how many of each fish you can add.

Imo if you want to maximize stocking in this tank, I'd upgrade your hob to a bigger one. I cant stress this enough that its just MY opinion here but I tend to take the manufacturer rating for tank size and half it. Id look for one rated for 55-75g

Back
Top Bottom