Fish dissapearing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone else have the issue when adding new fish to a nano and then they just vanish?
Yesterday i put in 2 black mollys and a 6 line wrasse and the wrasse literally went MIA within 10 minutes. This happened to my watchman goby as well.
My clown and my mollys are doing fine so im assuming my water quality isnt an issue
Can anyone else relate? Lol

Anyone else have the issue when adding new fish to a nano and then they just vanish? Yesterday i put in 2 black mollys and a 6 line wrasse and the wrasse literally went MIA within 10 minutes. This happened to my watchman goby as well. My clown and my mollys are doing fine so im assuming my water quality isnt an issue Can anyone else relate? Lol

My angelfish did that, it sucks because you don't know if they're okay or not. Just watch for a little while and maybe he'll show his face poking out. I'm sure he's okay. Six lines are always in and out of the rocks.

First, clowns and mollys are very hardy fish when it comes to poor water quality, so them being alive is NOT an indication of good water. How long did you cycle your tank, and using which method?
Look behind tank, both gobies and 6 lines are known jumpers. How big is the tank, because the clown can be territorial and chase others out of the tank. A rock rearranging right before adding new fish can confuse clowns (and other territorial fish) making them less territorial initially.

First, clowns and mollys are very hardy fish when it comes to poor water quality, so them being alive is NOT an indication of good water. How long did you cycle your tank, and using which method? Look behind tank, both gobies and 6 lines are known jumpers. How big is the tank, because the clown can be territorial and chase others out of the tank. A rock rearranging right before adding new fish can confuse clowns (and other territorial fish) making them less territorial initially.

The clown is surprisingly not going after anyone at the moment, the tank is about a year old and only had the clown and a few soft corals in it

I cycled it for about 3 weeks (fishless) with live rock and a 'not live' sand but gave it time to cure but ive had zero problems so far
Its a 20h and my water changes are done very frequently
And funny enough i step outside to answer the door
And come back in and i found the wrasse
Now its just the goby i cannot find but hes REALLY small

Back
Top Bottom