fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like this arrangement better at the moment. And I decided no one will really be able to see it from the right side so I am not going to worry about it.

I am going to get a black background today.

image-1424031787.jpg

Front

image-1193953337.jpg

Left side

Bearchumjs said:
How do I keep it on the tank? Won't it slide around? And yes- kitty is learning. I squirted her with water.

I used normal garden secateurs and it cut really easily. I was able to cut out for lighting, filter and pipe work with no hassle. I didn't fix to top a I didn't want to hinder access to tank, however I don't have an inquizative kitty!

Joeeamer said:
I used normal garden secateurs and it cut really easily. I was able to cut out for lighting, filter and pipe work with no hassle. I didn't fix to top a I didn't want to hinder access to tank, however I don't have an inquizative kitty!

I have some of those! I'll try it!

A day early! Nice! I'd go ahead and be prepared to do several water changes over the next few days to offset the high nitrites you will get with the addition of the rock/completion of the cycle. Hopefully within a couple weeks all levels will check out good and youll be ready for some corals!

Huffers said:
A day early! Nice! I'd go ahead and be prepared to do several water changes over the next few days to offset the high nitrites you will get with the addition of the rock/completion of the cycle. Hopefully within a couple weeks all levels will check out good and youll be ready for some corals!

I'll get some more water. Does this rock have coraline on it? It's reddish purplish brown.

Attachments

• image-2909851398.jpg
    image-2909851398.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 71
Thats no problem! That rock was going to waste over here so I'm glad it's helping somebody out instead. I'll be interested to see just how much of an ammonia spike it will produce seeing as how it was only out of water for 3 days.

Huffers said:
Thats no problem! That rock was going to waste over here so I'm glad it's helping somebody out instead. I'll be interested to see just how much of an ammonia spike it will produce seeing as how it was only out of water for 3 days.

I'll test ammo trites trates and pH tomorrow.

Tonight I covered the tank with plastic wrap. Why? Cause Princess Pepper cat from the land or idiots was still trying to drink the saltwater. Must. Make. Lid.

Attachments

• image-1797930807.jpg
    image-1797930807.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 88
Well- there was very little evaporation over night. Thanks plastic wrap! I'm actually starting to thing I should just buy a piece of glass and a glass cutter and set that on top. It'll look nice and it will help with evaporation. I could buy some sticky foam to put around the edge... It shouldn't be a problem since I'm planning on getting a powerhead for more flow, right?

Tested water today.

pH 7.8-8.0
Ammo 2.0
Nitrites 2.0-5.0 (those colors are very close. I can't differentiate)

I did not test for nitrates.

I'll run to the store and get some RODI. I need to make more saltwater and I need to do a pwc on my 55 freshwater.

A perfectly cut piece of plexiglass. I did it myself! I now have a lid!

Also- a temporary background made of none other than black construction paper.

AND - I am now a believer of live rock filtration. I didn't understand how it could work. My water went from pretty cloudy before I added the live rock to crystal clear after I added in the live rock.

And here are pictures.

image-912989108.jpg

Plexiglass cover

image-1212297226.jpg

Full frontal FTS

It was suggested to me by my husband that I drill some holes in the lid for venting to reduce condensation. So I drilled a few holes in it.

Attachments

• image-2996949182.jpg
    image-2996949182.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 88
Who knew my old beading hobby would come in handy for my new dish keeping hobby. Glued 4 square beads onto the lid so that when I flip it over (after the glue is dry) my lid will remain in place! No sliding around and falling off.

DIY lid- $8.
Feeling of accomplishment- priceless!

Attachments

• image-2459095566.jpg
    image-2459095566.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom