fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was told its a frogspawn. It's the coral in my Avi picture. Don't torches have feeder or sweeper tentacles? This coral does not.
Well pics in your avi are def frogspawn, cool colors! Haven't seen one like that.

I did a 30% pwc today. I also bought some aragonite sand and put a nice layer of it on top of my pool filter sand. It looks much nicer. I also added an emerald crab today. And before the water change I went on an aiptasia killing spree. I will do it again in a few days.

I did a 30% pwc today. I also bought some aragonite sand and put a nice layer of it on top of my pool filter sand. It looks much nicer. I also added an emerald crab today. And before the water change I went on an aiptasia killing spree. I will do it again in a few days.

Well look who it is! Lol what's up stranger?? Yeah I winded up taking out all my pool sand and completely replacing it with aragonite sand. Mine kept clumping up and it started looking very ugly :/ does yours do that at all? Glad to see ur still fighting the good fight with aiptasia Lol, haven't seen one in my 90g yet ::fingers crossed::

Well look who it is! Lol what's up stranger?? Yeah I winded up taking out all my pool sand and completely replacing it with aragonite sand. Mine kept clumping up and it started looking very ugly :/ does yours do that at all? Glad to see ur still fighting the good fight with aiptasia Lol, haven't seen one in my 90g yet ::fingers crossed::

My PFS was fine but I decided I wanted a different look. The aiptasia was fun to kill. That sounds horrible. I went to the pharmacy and asked for a diabetic syringe. I thought the pharmacist would think I was nuts when I told her what it was for. She gave me one though so that was good! I got a good amount of them today. I'll go aiptasia hunting again in a few days. Lol!

Something happened a few months ago and my candy cane and a bunch of zoas died. I noticed the other day that my radioactive dragon eyes are beginning to spread again! I'm hoping that me killing the aiptasia will allow the xmen palys to grow and spread. I got a new emerald crab today. ( my other one disappeared quite some time ago). I noticed there is some green bubble algea on a rock. Hopefully the crab will eat it. If not I'm just going to leave it alone and hope it goes away on its own.

Blue is still doing really well and so is Claude (the cleaner shrimp). Here is an FTS and a close up of Claude!

57623-albums10765-picture62348.png

57623-albums10765-picture62349.png

My PFS was fine but I decided I wanted a different look. The aiptasia was fun to kill. That sounds horrible. I went to the pharmacy and asked for a diabetic syringe. I thought the pharmacist would think I was nuts when I told her what it was for. She gave me one though so that was good! I got a good amount of them today. I'll go aiptasia hunting again in a few days. Lol!

Something happened a few months ago and my candy cane and a bunch of zoas died. I noticed the other day that my radioactive dragon eyes are beginning to spread again! I'm hoping that me killing the aiptasia will allow the xmen palys to grow and spread. I got a new emerald crab today. ( my other one disappeared quite some time ago). I noticed there is some green bubble algea on a rock. Hopefully the crab will eat it. If not I'm just going to leave it alone and hope it goes away on its own.

Blue is still doing really well and so is Claude (the cleaner shrimp). Here is an FTS and a close up of Claude!

I haven't seen aiptasia since my 29g tank Lol. Tanks looking good tho :) my radioactive dragon eyes stopped spreading when they became a meal for a Koran angel I stumbled upon. Other than that everything else is awesome. Oh and I had 3 emerald crabs and they all disappeared too :/

Well, I'm winning the battle against aiptaisia I think. Went on another killing spree two days ago. I'm going to have to get more lemon juice so I can kill more in a few days.

Claude molted again. Blue was being shy this morning and didnt feel like eating. He did get a few bites of mysis shrimp. He just wasn't as swimmy aroundy as usual.

That's about all that's going on in my tank. The zoas/palys appreciate not having aiptaisia near them.

Keep at the aiptasia. Glad the lemon juice is working for you, it just didn't do it for me and I went straight aiptasia-x.

I had tried squirting them with hot lemon juice before and it didn't work. Then the very knowledgeable aquarium guy at Petco said "well, you need a diabetic syringe. You have to stick it in the aiptasia's stalk and inject it." I was like- oh! So I did it that way and it's working so far. :)

Maybe time for an update? I lost all my coral, the cleaner shrimp died, my light crapped out... Other than that everything is great! Blue- my yellow tailed damsel is doing fantastic and I need a new light. There is some kind of purple coral growing that apparently does well without light other than what it gets from the window. I'm going to have to get a new light off eBay. I just haven't found one I like yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had a par38 and it but the dust. I loved it! I want another one. They are expensive. I think eBay has them from China for $25. I may just order one of those. I may need another gooseneck holder thing too. Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom