fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I was asking because sometimes they will reject uneating food. If you aren't spot feeding, don't know it could be

That guy looks bleached. I could have sworn your lighting could support low lv corals... What are your lights again?

Oh hank- he was more bleached when I got him. He's gotten more color over the last couple weeks. In fact he is moving himself from the shaded light spot out into more light now. I have 12W Par38 LEDs. I placed him directly below the light but under a ledge so the light wasn't too high and direct. The first week I had him I had him directly in the light but since I saw no improvement I put him in the shade. He's gotten more color since then and has been slowly moving himself out into the light.

Your water is fine, do a water test to reassure if you want but your levels are gonna be fine. Just wait it out, this hobby requires an enormous amount of patience

Your water is fine, do a water test to reassure if you want but your levels are gonna be fine. Just wait it out, this hobby requires an enormous amount of patience

I think the goo was a byproduct of the ric moving. There was more coming from the underside. It had what looked like a tiny pin sized piece of ric... Maybe a baby ric? I don't know. I read when they move they can sometimes leave a trail of babies. Anyway, I was able to siphon out most of it but stopped when it looked like it was pulling goo from beneath the ric. Since it seemed like it was moving into the light I moved it a little closer to the light. Maybe it moving itself was stressing it out? I don't know. On a sorta good note- the frogspawn head that isn't shrinking looks awesome today!! The head that's not looking so good still looks not good. I will post a picture of both corals.

Here is the frogspawn:

57623-albums10765-picture50937.png

And the ric: (I shaded it from the light for the photo. My iPhone wouldnt focus and adjust the color correctly and it was looking bright white!)

57623-albums10765-picture50938.png

It is possible that it is moving and reproducing as it goes. If it has been this stressed for so long, it would be basic survival instints. But you say that it is coloring up since you got it? If that is the case, then keep doing what it is you are doing. As for the frogspawn, I'll be honest mine did the same thing and I dont know why. I currently glued some orange bam bams on the skeleton to get some use out of it. Almost odd sometimes how one of the easier corals to keep in the hobby act so difficult to keep at times. In a tank full of acros just couldn't get that thing to live. Some have similar issues keeping star polyps and xenia. Sometimes hit or miss with them. Continue like nothing happened.

It is possible that it is moving and reproducing as it goes. If it has been this stressed for so long, it would be basic survival instints. But you say that it is coloring up since you got it? If that is the case, then keep doing what it is you are doing. As for the frogspawn, I'll be honest mine did the same thing and I dont know why. I currently glued some orange bam bams on the skeleton to get some use out of it. Almost odd sometimes how one of the easier corals to keep in the hobby act so difficult to keep at times. In a tank full of acros just couldn't get that thing to live. Some have similar issues keeping star polyps and xenia. Sometimes hit or miss with them. Continue like nothing happened.

Here's a picture I had posted on 1/26. I had him for a week or there abouts. So you can see what he looked like in the before photo. And as far as the frogspawn- he'll either get better or that head will die off completely. There's nothing else I can do except hope the other head remains healthy.

57623-albums10765-picture50053.png

You may want to pick up some coral dip for your next corals. It can give them a leg up if they have parasites, fungal or tissue infections. I've had more than a few corals with unidentified kind of problems turn around after a dip. It doesn't save every coral but does seem to help many. Just a thought.

You may want to pick up some coral dip for your next corals. It can give them a leg up if they have parasites, fungal or tissue infections. I've had more than a few corals with unidentified kind of problems turn around after a dip. It doesn't save every coral but does seem to help many. Just a thought.

That's probably a good idea. What do you suggest I use?

Also- silly Ricky has that cloudy gunk next to him again. I am going to leave him alone for now. Froggy looks the same as yesterday. Maybe he stopped feeling bad and can start healing. It'd be nice if his head grows back.

Two Little Fish Revive is good or Seachem reef dip.

I haven't seen a head grow back so I don't know if it's possible but the good head will split and grow if it stays healthy.

Two Little Fish Revive is good or Seachem reef dip.

I haven't seen a head grow back so I don't know if it's possible but the good head will split and grow if it stays healthy.

Ok. I will look into those before I buy more coral. What is the sick head doesn't completely die off? There are still a few tentacles left. Is it possible that it may slowly return to full size? I guess it doesn't really matter. What will be will be I suppose.

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that it'll survive but at this point I'd be watching that second head for stress. If it's an infection... >_<

Well, it looks like the head that is dying off is probably going to die off completely. The 2nd head is as beautiful as ever though. The ric is not looking so good today. Who knows what it's deal is. *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom