GoldieLocks 24gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldieLocks1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hii!

So, I'm selling my 5ft tank and the others. And I now I want to go Marine! Woop. Below is the Nano-cube I want.

Charterhouse Aquatics: 24G Nano-Cube Aquarium with LED Lighting

Right now, I don't even know the difference between Nano Cube and Bio-Cube. Yep, that's what your working with...LOL. Sorry.

I have read tons and tons of threads, but without the intention of really going into marine, so I didn't take it all in. Now I want to know as much as possible!

I know that I would like to have:

Nassarius Snail x ?
Dwarf Blue Hermit Crab x 1
Cleaner Shrimp x 1
Sexy Shrimp x ?
Common Black and White clowns x2 - This is an absolute must
Small CUC
Clown Goby x 1
Zoas
Lots of soft corals

And that's all I really know.... ANY suggestions on stock would be great. I would really like fish more then anything..

Hi. I'd warn against the sexy shrimp, they are very very tiny. They are almost too tiny for my 4g pico tank! LOL

You could probably do another fish in a 24g too, clown gobies are really small as well. I have 4 fish total in my 29 cube, and two are clowns :)

Oh wow! They are that small? Yeah, I would prefer to see them every now and again.. Lol.

I read all of your 24 build, is your other fish a blenny?

I have 2 misbar orange oscellaris, a citron goby ( the largest goby btw at about 2.5 inches) and a scooter dragonet in my cube.

i have a green clown goby in my 4g pico that I barely see.

You could get a blenny, goby and clowns or maybe the clowns and a cardinalfish...the options are actually endless as long as you know you can't put that many fish in there.

Clowns to me are the cutest things ever! I wish i could have 20! lol

The citron is a roley poley kinda fish. he has really nice fins whenhe swims around, but mostly he perches. And mine is scavenging for food right now on the bottom. he just flips his tail and waits for food to float up. he doesnt sift sand or anything like that.

What do you think of the citron goby? They look like they have chubby faces. Lol. What about invertebrates and snails? Yeah, I only really want clowns..I know they are common, but I like them :)

What do you think of this?
RO-MAN 3 STAGE FISH TANK RO SYSTEM WATER 50 GPD | eBay UK

BTW, so sorry about your 125 :(

I'd get a 4 or 5 stage ro/di unit. Not sure if purewater ships overseas, they are on ebay.com.

0PPM Portable 100GPD Reverse Osmosis RO+DI Water Filter - eBay (item 380255124367 end time Jul-24-11 14:29:53 PDT)

This is a portable but cheap one.

I'm tagging along! I'm thinking of maybe setting up a saltwater in the future, and need all the experience I can get, so I might be chipping in asking questions occasionally. :)

You would probably make an awesome tank lauren! Thats so cool, we're converting the freshy girls and draggin them over to the salty side of fish tanks! woohoo! LOL

Awww guys! This is gunna be awesome! As soon as I get the tank, I will start a thread! What do yo think I should call it? 'Goldies New Adventure into Saltwater' Hmm. We will think of something! And Homedog, how old are you? Cuz your signatures probably means you are the same age as me roughly! 17.

I like that nano tank it is really nice. Gotta see pics when u get it up and running.

Hey, thank you. I thought it was pretty good myself and pretty cheap for brand new aswell. Yes, there will be a lot of pictures!! :)

Awesome. I have has a couple of nano tanks and i have never had any problems with them. Now i have one but i set it up my self for clown babies that i havr bred before

Aww yay! People are following! :) I really would like to have lots of Zoas! And Green Star Polyp..Can I have that with the lighting? And an Anemonme? Or is the lighting again not good enough?

I wouldnt put a nem in there for several reasons. Your tank will be too new for many months, they can eat fish, they can get too big, they can get caught in powerheads and other bad places adn you won't have enough light in my opinion. :)

You can have zooa's out the wazoo. I love zooas. SO easy to grow, they spread uber fast and are generally cheap. The GSP is up to you, it also grows like a weed and spreads so it can take over eventually.

Wow. That is a lot of reasons! And enough for me NOT to have one! Lol.

Out the wazoo? Hahaha, must be an american saying!? Hmm, I did like the Green Star Polyp. Could I not frag it if it gets too bushy? Thank you btw.

Back
Top Bottom