Green Spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squintyekalb

Aquarium Advice Activist
So recently there's been these two spots on my one piece of live rock that is a solid shade of green. I went and touché it and it doesn't feel like any type of algae. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411222580.611166.jpg

Should I be concerned? An why is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It doesn't feel soft or anything, and it didn't move or peel off at all. I've only seen it in two spots on all of my rocks. Does this look like something that might grow or spread?

So nothing's changed with the green spots, however there bubbles all over my rock. Same rock as the greens spots. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411347325.654743.jpg

Looks like an algae bloom. Try leaving the lights off tomorrow and see if you can siphon the algae off the rocks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lights off? Ok, I'll update tomorrow.

Sign of a nutrient issue in the water column. That'll be cyanobacteria most likely. You'll need to do water change, reduce feedings, and such to reduce nitrate and phosphate levels to address. Increasing flow also helps with cyano.

So I've been waiting and eventually my DTA, hair, and bubble algae have disappeared. However. The green spots have remained and grown. Along with purple/red algae slime in some areas. What is this?

Reduce light and increase water flow?

Less feeding?
Is there a type of food that is less likely to cause this? I'm currently using frozen brine shrimp.

what's your stock. if I were to feed ( if I had fish) I would feed NLS small pellets and only as much as the fish will consume ( small amount) once ever other day or every couple days

I've got a royal gamma, engineer goby, few snails, emerald crab, and 3 hermits. I also have an orange ocellaris clown that's coming out of Qt in a few days

Back
Top Bottom