HELP!?! How much instant ocean reef salt do i add to my BIOCUBE 14??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roryb24

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yeah i just bought a biocube 14 and im getting it set up. I added 14Gallons of reverse osmosis water and need to know how much Reef salt to add. I have a hydrometer and can check but i just want to know a good starting point Thanks!!!

You sure you put 14 gallons of water in? Do you have sand and live rock inthere? The reason i ask is my 14 gallon biocube takes 10 gallons to fill. directions on box should tell you my salt is 1/2 cup per gallon

i added about 10 or 11 gallons and i have no live rock or sand yet i wanted to get the salt in the water first. so i should add about 5 cups of reef salt?

i thought my 41g was gonna be small, man. it must be harder to use smaller tanks like that, huh? do you guys think a 41gallon cube-ish (24" l x18" w x24" h )tank is a decent tank to start a first salteater fowler or reef? i hear going bigger is better, but this is what i got for now and its my first attempt at saltwater...and money is tight. youknow.

doogle said:
i thought my 41g was gonna be small, man. it must be harder to use smaller tanks like that, huh? do you guys think a 41gallon cube-ish (24" l x18" w x24" h )tank is a decent tank to start a first salteater fowler or reef? i hear going bigger is better, but this is what i got for now and its my first attempt at saltwater...and money is tight. youknow.

I dunno i have a 14 gallon biocube i love it so far, bigger is better depending how much u want to spend im sure ill go bigger soon and this will be my QT but honestly i love the size so far but i dont have any fish just corals so light is more important than size so far.

Attachments

• image-24608266.jpg
    image-24608266.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 224
Comming along well

my biocube 14 is doing awesome its easy to mange and as long as u check it everyonce in a while its no problem.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 230
ya, they look awesome! i cant wait to get some rock and start cycling. do you think 48 watts is enough for coraline algae to grow. i have a 41g cube-ish tank with 24" hagen glo double lights with 2 life glow bulbs, maybe switch one for actinic? whatcha think?

Lookin good.. I also only used about 10 gallons on mine. I started with a bag of live sand. 5 lbs of live rock. And bought some water from lfs tanks.. I threw a clown in the same day. It's been up for about a month now. I know I got alot going on in there..

Attachments

• image-3539742718.jpg
    image-3539742718.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 169
That's how I started. Some Fiji pink live sand 5lbs of live rock and some RO water from my local fish store.

doogle said:
ya, they look awesome! i cant wait to get some rock and start cycling. do you think 48 watts is enough for coraline algae to grow. i have a 41g cube-ish tank with 24" hagen glo double lights with 2 life glow bulbs, maybe switch one for actinic? whatcha think?

Ya actinic bulbs will help your coraline growth and make sure your calcium is above 400.

Biocube14 said:
Lookin good.. I also only used about 10 gallons on mine. I started with a bag of live sand. 5 lbs of live rock. And bought some water from lfs tanks.. I threw a clown in the same day. It's been up for about a month now. I know I got alot going on in there..

Whats that pink thing looks cool must glow good

Yeah it's awesome. It came that size my local fish store he's a awesome guy sold me that colony on that rock for 35$.

Back
Top Bottom