Help with anemone get sucked by outline of my canister filter!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello reefers !!

Last night after I feed my corals , fishes and anemone, everything was looking good my anemone doesn't move of its place at all but i may think that in the middle of the night the anemone starts to move and this morning my wife as every morning she looks the tank to check her favorite corals, and she get notice than the long tentacled anemone was sucked by the out line of the canister filter, i didn't know what to do in the moment, so i just took it up out of the tank and i tried to help it out, but the outline is to tide that was very difficult to the anemone gets out by itself .

So did my best to hurt him more , and i finally take it out, and i check it to see how much was the damage and i could said that 65 to 75 % is ok the rest 25% was lost of probably 6 to 10 tentacles and part of it foot , so right away i put it back to the tank and little far away of the outline filter and after 10 or 15 minutes starts to open little by little.

I will like to know a method to cure it more effectively and to know how long time take it to recover ! I'll put a couple of pictures to let you know the before and after !!

Thank you reefers to help!!

Attachments

• image-3740488567.jpg
    image-3740488567.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 173
  • image-1342161503.jpg
    image-1342161503.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 178
Hows it doing?

I dont think there is anything you can do other than what your already probably doing. The best thing to do is move the in tube away from it and leave it be.

You could try an iodine bath. I always give my maxi minis an iodine bath after I frag them to help them recover faster. I've never lost one and they seem to heal fast as they possibly can. Just get a small container filled with some aquarium water, add a few drops of the iodine medicine and let your nem sit in it for like 10-15 minutes.

To prevent this in the future get a course prefilter for the intake, it will allow the water through and catch some detritus, but not allow the nem to get sucked up.

Hey buddies !! Well i had a bad news for all of you? my anemone died!! Sadly but true. I'll tried my best And it's gone!! Well at least i had the pleasure to had an anemone in my little tank!! Thank to all of you for your help!! ?

I just had the same issue with my anemone being sucked into the canister filter, did you end up trying the iodine bath? Mine looks a lot worse shape than yours did

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395668175.634548.jpg

This was him before

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395668206.997257.jpg

Back
Top Bottom