Jbj 30 rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mangroves grow slow and aren't as good at exporting nutrients as algae. I have some in my tank. You have to spritz then down with water daily to keep the salt from building up on their leaves. They are more for looks and cool factor...and require extra work to make sure the roots don't get near any plumbing or pumps.

Ok so final stock plan...
- 2 clowns
- 2 cardinals
- long nose hawkfish
- lawnmower

Mangroves grow slow and aren't as good at exporting nutrients as algae. I have some in my tank. You have to spritz then down with water daily to keep the salt from building up on their leaves. They are more for looks and cool factor...and require extra work to make sure the roots don't get near any plumbing or pumps.

Ah... I don't need any extra stuff to do every day. Lol. 7 tanks takes enough time :)

Also. Is 250 pods enough for my refugium? I can get 250 for $10 and free shipping

Definitely worth a shot! Just be sure to add them at night so they have a fighting chance and don't all get gobbled up!

Haha. Ok. I'll get the chaeto and fuge set up first. Why is chaeto so expensive if it grows so quick?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha. Ok. I'll get the chaeto and fuge set up first. Why is chaeto so expensive if it grows so quick?

Not sure. I give mine away to the LFS when it grows. Sometimes it grows slow, sometimes it grows fast.

Not sure. I give mine away to the LFS when it grows. Sometimes it grows slow, sometimes it grows fast.

Wow. I think I can get it from my friend with a 300 gal. $15 for a handful seems crazy

That seems pricey to me to. I just gave away a basketball and a half worth the other day. And then 2 softballs a few months ago. I say it's worthless. But one guys junk is another's treasure.

Wow. I think I can get it from my friend with a 300 gal. $15 for a handful seems crazy

It's more of in investment. Once you have it, you have it. Everytime you are removing some you are removing the nitrate and phosphates that where once in your system. So in a way, it is well worth the $15 IMO. But if you know someone that has it, they will probably give you some which would be even better. I think I paid either $10-$15 for a little bigger than a softball size back when I bought mine years ago and I'm glad I did. It is kinda silly that I can't even get in store credit for the stuff though.

Macro algae is sometimes a funny thing. There are some people that can't even keep cheato. I remember talking with another member here that was able to keep it successfully to export nutrients from their system and then one day had a couple of fish deaths and all of the cheato started dying off...ever since hasn't been able to keep cheato in the system. Never been able to figure out why. Even in my system, I haven't been able to keep cheato. Tried even caulpera, didn't do that well. Both have been removed, but have discovered tiny bits of both growing in hidden corners of the sump...just don't get much further than that.

Back
Top Bottom