Jbj 30 rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I am completely redoing this tank. Algae was out of hand. New sand 100% wc. cleaned out tank. May try a hob skimmer. New live rock. Not as much dry Rock

Scape- an island? 2 islands?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok so I'm cycled. Params are good. Alk is a bit low.
Stock
- 2 clowns (in 20 gal)
- 2 Bangai cardinals (just got them)
- Pygmy angel or wrasse

New lil guys. They're so small! Very greedy little ones

New lil guys. They're so small! Very greedy little ones

I loved my bangaiis. Just make sure you have some low flow spots for them. They hate flow. Mine would never leave their corners. Very rarely one would venture out and get stuck across the tank because it couldn't get back with the flow.

I loved my bangaiis. Just make sure you have some low flow spots for them. They hate flow. Mine would never leave their corners. Very rarely one would venture out and get stuck across the tank because it couldn't get back with the flow.

That's where they're hanging out. Come out for food!

So I'm thinking of an in tank refugium. Anyone have one?

i do not have one but thought of getting one and heard some things on them, 1. they will take up display room ,but you should know that also they are not going to be as good for keeping pod count up as a hob or under tank refugium

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had that one. I didn't like it. It arrived. Cracked an was loud.

Looks nice. I'm guessing its exactly what you where looking for too. What's the plan with it? Macro algae or pods or something?

Yep. I was going to build one but this was $10 more and looks much better than anything I could do. Macro algae. Not sure which. Maybe a couple different ones

It would actually be fairly simple to make one out of acrylic from lowes/home depot. But that refugium saves you a lot of time and it doesn't cost much more then it would to make it.

It would actually be fairly simple to make one out of acrylic from lowes/home depot. But that refugium saves you a lot of time and it doesn't cost much more then it would to make it.

Yep. I think it will look much cleaner too. I have a little pump from the old finnex one. Should be here in a few days. What macroalgaes should I get? Reefs2go has a $30 free shipping pack.

Yep. I think it will look much cleaner too. I have a little pump from the old finnex one. Should be here in a few days. What macroalgaes should I get? Reefs2go has a $30 free shipping pack.

I've always been a big fan of chaetomorpha because it is very easy to deal with and perfect for pods. Caulerpa's can get out of hand sometimes plus I believe they all need to be rooted to something. As small as that fuge is, I would probably just go with one type of algae, but you are free to try more than one.

I've always been a big fan of chaetomorpha because it is very easy to deal with and perfect for pods. Caulerpa's can get out of hand sometimes plus I believe they all need to be rooted to something. As small as that fuge is, I would probably just go with one type of algae, but you are free to try more than one.

Ok. I'll just order a big ball of it. Is it affected by alkalinity?

Back
Top Bottom